Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    More great feedback with an interesting Dedicated Suppressed LMT application.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

Hi BRT Team,

Five stars! It’s made shooting this gun a much better experience.

The tube BRT selected for my application is perfect.

3:00 ejection with suppressor attached. Will not pick up the next round w/o the suppressor as expected.

Specs:

16” mid barrel chopped to 12.5

Sandman S

55 grain M193
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

The EZTUNE Gas Tubes are the quickest, easiest way to reduce the gas drive of any barrel.
    If I need to remove my gb to install a new tube, would it not be easier to just use an adjustable gb?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    If I need to remove my gb to install a new tube, would it not be easier to just use an adjustable gb?
    I think this is a nice solution for people using a FSB.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    No need to remove GB. Take off rail and thread tube through upper receiver, remove GT roll pin, install new GT.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It can sometimes be a pain to install on very specific gas blocks. (Edit: undersized blocks; pain to install/remove any gas tube) I really dig BRT’s blocks because the open front allows me to tap one out with a tight-fitting punch, if necessary. But I’ve only had to do that once, because URX4. They are also among the lightest, and pinnable.

As a precaution, I always install gas tubes with a high-temp non-metallic anti-seize meant for silencers to prevent carbon bonding or whatever.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-05-22 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    No need to remove GB. Take off rail and thread tube through upper receiver, remove GT roll pin, install new GT.
    The bend in tube won't always fit through with some barrel nuts, like the Hogue one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My experience with adjustable gas blocks brought me to the conclusion that they have no business on a fighting rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I think this is a nice solution for people using a FSB.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    They're a nice solution for anyone wanting to choke down over gassed barrels or barrels they wish to run primarily/only suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    My experience with adjustable gas blocks brought me to the conclusion that they have no business on a fighting rifle.
    What type of adj gb, what are the issues?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    True, but 95% of the time, the tube can be replaced without removing the gas block or front sight base.
    The bend in tube won't always fit through with some barrel nuts, like the Hogue one.
    The typical failure modes seem to be seized up adjustment mechanism, complete blow out of the adjustment guts or simple use error/mis-adjustment.
    What type of adj gb, what are the issues?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Just had one of our prototype tubes make it past 5000 rounds on a suppressed carbine.

The port is still in fairly good shape, but the tube will be retired due to a cracking on the back side related to prototype features.

The two Microtune Mk12 gas blocks you did for our 10.3s have 6k and 8k through them with no change in ejection pattern or distance. Do you really think these will have that kind of longevity on suppressed, full-auto rigs?

Also, any idea on when we can expect more Microtune kits and Mk12 SS gas blocks? I have four more overgassed 10.3s to tame.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast