Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    I use the BRT EzTune on all my short barrels. It does make a difference on short barreled rifles that have oversized gas ports

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The tube pictured was used on a 10.3" suppressed SBR and run for ~5k with a pretty severe firing schedule.

1168 got 10k suppressed, see below.

Full auto is hard on everything.

Wear depends on how much and how hot, but the tubes hold up surprisingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    The two Microtune Mk12 gas blocks you did for our 10.3s have 6k and 8k through them with no change in ejection pattern or distance. Do you really think these will have that kind of longevity on suppressed, full-auto rigs?

Also, any idea on when we can expect more Microtune kits and Mk12 SS gas blocks? I have four more overgassed 10.3s to tame.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I pulled a .061” (I think) one out of my 11.3” full-time suppressor host after ~10k rounds, and I did not see any appreciable wear inside the orifice. It honestly surprised me; that gun’s can’s blast baffle shows a good bit of wear. I put it in a different gun, since that gun is now unsuppressed. I think I put it in a 14.5”. I kinda wish I had measured it, instead of just looking at it. I would think that gun would be close to worse case scenario, being carbine gassed and fulltime suppressed.

Didn’t you have a picture of one on here somewhere that had taken a beating?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here is more recent feedback from customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I love this product. I hate dealing with adjustable gas blocks. The recommend port size that was sent fit my need perfectly and it sends brass right at 3 o'clock position with both 5.56 and 223 brass rounds. I will be converting all my rifles to this system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    The EZTUNE Gas Tube worked great. I have a 11.5 5.56 carbine with a A2 front sight.the gun was way over gased and I did not want to remove my A2 front sight.The EZGasTube fixed my the over gased carbine. Fix the ejection pattern it runs clean Cycles great couldn't be happier. I will purchase this product again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Best decision I ever made for a dedicated suppressed rifle. I wish I had done it sooner. Highly recommend!
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    Another happy customer here. Noveske 10.5” with AAC M4-2000 and H2 buffer. Way less gas in the face and cycles great. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ll chime in with some praise. I put one on my garbage gun, Hesse Arms upper (circa ‘96) and a PSA lower. The rifle now functions properly locking back on the last round.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Great feedback gentlemen!

Here's a few more fun ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

My 2 cents on the BRT EZ Tune gas tube is: if you want your gas system to be tunable in combination with the buffer weight and buffer spring strength without using a tunable gas block (which is subject to failure/adjustment problems) this is, IMHO, the best way to get it, bar none!
    Especially if you expect your rifle to do double duty as a home defense arm as well.
    A defensive firearm is best served by non-adjustable components.
    In other words, once you get the weapon tuned where it needs to be, it needs to be "locked in place" so it will work first time, every time.
    There is absolutely nothing worse than getting a click when you NEED a bang! Take it from an old man who has had bullets whizzing around his head before.

On a lighter side, the EZ Tune gas tube really does allow you to 'correct' a manufacturers tendency to over gas their weapons (which they do; because most people run the cheapest ammo they can get, and they want the rifles to work)
    I don't blame them, it's just a pain to correct and Black River's EZ Tune is the easiest way I have found to get the rifles right. (without having to constantly adjust them)
    They work and they work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

So, I put your .0xx gas tube in a 11.5" Colt upper before ever firing it, and torqued down a Turbo K gen 2 on the upper, put some brass 5.56 IMI in it, and voila!
    Perfect 4 o'clock ejection! Fantastic product for a dedicated, suppressed, AR-15.
    Why are more people not talking about your product!?
    Best $65.00 I've spent in a while.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing the feed back.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakmeister View Post
    Another happy customer here. Noveske 10.5” with AAC M4-2000 and H2 buffer. Way less gas in the face and cycles great. Thank you!
    This is the best use case for the EZTUNE tubes in my mind. I have a 11.3" barrel that will be overgassed when I finally get off my butt and buy a supressor. I can buy an affordable gas tube that is easily installed in the pinned gas block supplied with my barrel.

I don't even have to do any reseach - just provide info to BRT and install the tube they supply.

Big old easy button...

Andy

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    This is the best use case for the EZTUNE tubes in my mind. I have a 11.3" barrel that will be overgassed when I finally get off my butt and buy a supressor. I can buy an affordable gas tube that is easily installed in the pinned gas block supplied with my barrel.

I don't even have to do any reseach - just provide info to BRT and install the tube they supply.

Big old easy button...

Andy
    Just did this for an Omega SS/nitride barrel that I got stupid-cheap on closeout. The gas port measured 0.081" (16" midlength) which is on the large side. Stock it ejected 2-to-3 o'clock with an A52 buffer. Adding a Silencerco Omega, which is a very high backpressure can moved that even further forward. The barrel showed good accuracy potential, so I went to the BRT site, typed in the specs and my CC number. Very fast ship-time and problem = solved.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Because there are so many variables that can affect port sizing for each unique request, our standard answer is:

Quote Originally Posted by info@BRT View Post
    The best method is to choose your "Gas Tune" and leave the port size as "BRT Will Select Best Option".

We'll take a look at all your parameters and select the best size.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Hey Clint,

I have a barrel thats a 14.5 Mid with a 0.625 GB and a 0.077 gas port. Now that I reload only 556 pressure loads and will only be shooting this barrel unsupressed; what size gas tube would you recommend?
    Black River Tactical

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast