Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey thanks for the answer. I can provide a TON of data about the gun, load and external environmental conditions that the gun is used in. I guess I should have reworded my question a little: "On that gun, do you think there is a lot of gas too tame, or will I see very minimal benefits?"

For full disclosure the barrel I am referencing is a Faxon Gunner Match 14.5 mid. I got this barrel years ago and it has acceptable accuracy, but I love how light weight it is. The profile is Gov behind the gas block and pencil in front of the gas block so it uses a 0.625 GB journal. I was thinking 0.077 was a little large considering I reload and give it the gas.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    All that other info is important and should be included in the Notes section.

Without knowing all the variables, Yes, there is likely a noticeable amount of downsizing possible on the gas drive, so an EZTUNE would be worth a try.

We do actually turn away the occasional customer request if we don't believe a particular application will work or if there is minimal/no gain to be had.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    More great feedback.

We love the positive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    So, I originally ordered one of your suppressor only gas tubes from Weapon Outfitters and was extremely happy with it for my 10.3 but I found myself wanting to be able to run my gun without my can if needed so when I saw that you all had the option to have a tube picked specifically for individual set ups I was very pleased. The gas tube came fairly quickly and has completely smoothened out my 10.3' Carbine even more so than the last. I can now run brass cased .223 and 5.56 with a perfect ejection pattern when unsuppressed and it's near perfect when suppressed. You all make a stellar product and I would recommend this Gas Tube to anyone looking to tune their rifle, having a plug and play system and not having to mess with an adjustable gas block is Amazing. 10/10 would buy again.

I look forward to testing more of your all's products in the future.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sometime we take it for granted how simple and reliable these are.

This is a good reminder that there's one less thing to keep clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I bought 3 BRT EZTUNE gas tubes for 3 different type of gas guns.
    A 7" 300 BO, 10.3" and 18" 556 all suppressed.
    All 3 work perfectly with 3-4 o'clock ejection.
    It's so much easier now not having to keep the adjustable gas block clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Simply put….. LOVE EM’..

At first I was a little skeptical at just how effective they would be, however after I installed my first one I was hooked…
    Originally I bought one for a 13.9” pin/weld build as I knew I did not want to install an adjustable gas block that could not be maintained should the need arise…
    Installation is just as easy as installing a normal gas tube…
    My first one was a 50%-50% suppressed and unsuppressed version and so far it functions exactly like it should…
    Recoil feels reduced and there’s a lot less carbine to clean up after shooting…
    Do yourself a favor and try just one…
    THEY DO WORK!!!
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 16" Ballistic Advantage mid length, it's one of the blackened stainless barrels. I love the upper it's mounted on and it is my dedicated iron sights gun. It was also my first midlength barrel, all the rest being carbine gas [Colt 14.5 and Centurion 14.5]. I was looking forward to the softer midlength recoil push, but it wasn't... Ejection at 1:30 with my JP SCS, so I switched to a Geissele super 42 and H2 to get to 2:45-3:00. I don't shoot supressed and I usually use 55gr 5.56 and occasional .223, all brass. Do I need one of these gas tubes?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I decided to try one of these out in my SPR. It has an 18" SOLGW barrel with rifle length gas and a Vltor A5 system. I provided all the pertinent information to BRT and this is what they sent me. The package says 096. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a measurement or not. It gauged out with my pin gauge set at 0.092. This is a comparison shot with the original gas tube, which gauged at 0.124. The barrel has a gas port of 0.0995. They included a new gas tube roll pin in the package, and I installed it this evening. I'll follow up when I get a chance to try it out.

Last edited by SteveL; 11-27-22 at 21:47.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I have a 16" Ballistic Advantage mid length, it's one of the blackened stainless barrels. I love the upper it's mounted on and it is my dedicated iron sights gun. It was also my first midlength barrel, all the rest being carbine gas [Colt 14.5 and Centurion 14.5]. I was looking forward to the softer midlength recoil push, but it wasn't... Ejection at 1:30 with my JP SCS, so I switched to a Geissele super 42 and H2 to get to 2:45-3:00. I don't shoot supressed and I usually use 55gr 5.56 and occasional .223, all brass. Do I need one of these gas tubes?
    Thanks
    Yeah it sounds like a BRT tube could do you some good. You shouldn't need an H2 + Super 42 spring to get to3 o'clock on a 16" middy. Even with xm193.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Yeah it sounds like a BRT tube could do you some good. You shouldn't need an H2 + Super 42 spring to get to3 o'clock on a 16" middy. Even with xm193.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's what I was thinking, thanks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    1168 got 10k suppressed, see below.
    I pulled that barrel out of retirement and put the same .061 tube back in it. I needed a barrel I don’t care about to shoot a few k of steel case. I’ll let you know if it cycles suppressed with whatever buffer.

I put a .057 on a Criterion 12.5” thats a dedicated suppressor host, 5.56 only. Shot it tonight. It runs, so far, on Fed XM193. We’ll see when it gets dirty. I plan on mostly shooting Hornady 62s at near M855 velocity.

I previously had a .059 in a 12.3 host, and felt I could go a little smaller this time.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I pulled that barrel out of retirement and put the same .061 tube back in it. I needed a barrel I don’t care about to shoot a few k of steel case. I’ll let you know if it cycles suppressed with whatever buffer.
    It works with my steel cased and a 30SDK. I tried an A5H4 just because, and got a false lockback. So I put the A5H2 back in and got to blasting.

Edit: worked today, too. A friend said that he got gassed, but I haven’t noticed that. Super smoky ammo, though.

Edit 2: the 11.3” with .061” tube and 30SDK reliably cycles and locks back while pointing almost straight down and no shoulder purchase with Tula, while being slightly dirty. A5H2, Colt spring.

Edit 3: still runs. Doesn’t seem to be getting filthy as fast as most of my suppressed guns do. Strange. Its got a chrome BCG, and there’s still some white showing. I guess with Tula, the port is small enough to just not run nasty.

Edit 4: had my first stoppage. Short-stroke; didn’t chamber the next round, solved with immediate action. Subsequent rounds launched fine, I think it was a one-off.
    Last edited by 1168; 01-30-23 at 03:17.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast