Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I just ordered a Suppressed Carbine model to address my tired old Colt commando upper. I have shot it for many, many years and it still shoots nice little golf ball sized groups so I hate to get rid of it. I swapped out the bolt and the spring and that fixed it for a little bit but now it is locking back the bolt every few shots so I guess it is time to make one last attempt to salvage it. It still runs reliably if I take my suppressor off (surefire socom).Hopefully this will do it. If not, no hard feelings!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I just ordered a Suppressed Carbine model to address my tired old Colt commando upper. I have shot it for many, many years and it still shoots nice little golf ball sized groups so I hate to get rid of it. I swapped out the bolt and the spring and that fixed it for a little bit but now it is locking back the bolt every few shots so I guess it is time to make one last attempt to salvage it. It still runs reliably if I take my suppressor off (surefire socom).Hopefully this will do it. If not, no hard feelings!
    Does it feel like the bolt catch spring is weak? Also, does it do this with different mags?

ETA: disregard. Will post this to the correct thread.
    Last edited by georgeib; 09-10-23 at 21:45.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Spot on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    Fast forward to today; I've had a Centurion 12.5 LW CHF for the past four years that's been excellent. Pin gauged at .066 new and ran like a top unsuppressed but gassed me out pretty hard with a SiCo Saker. A couple weeks ago I tried a .059 BRT tube to see what effect it had with the can on. Night and day comparison to the stock configuration but of course it wouldn't run w/o the can. I was able to trade the .059 tube for a .063 and restored unsuppressed function with 5.56 ammo, and have yet to try it with .223. It ejects around 2:30 suppressed, and while I primarily shoot it with the can, it's nice to have the ability to shoot w/o the Saker installed. BCG is a Centurion phosphate and the recoil system is an A5H2 and Sprinco green spring. The Saker has a Rearden Atlas installed, and the muzzle device is an FCD 6315RF.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey Clint,

Would you be able to cut a intermediate length gas tube?

The gun is a wild one.

It's a Savage MSR10 with a 6.5 Creedmoor Wilson Combat 16" barrel with intermediate gas. I have measured the gas port at 0.076, and that seems to be fine without a can, but with a can I was getting a ton of FTE and Stove pipes.

Let me know if you can cut such a gas tube, and what port size you recommend.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I recently ordered a gas tube from Clint for my 12.3" BA Hanson barrel. Was gassed decent when unsuppressed, but gave a fair amount of gas to the face with my Turbo K on. Configured one on the brt site and Clint sent me a .057 tube. Install took maybe 10 minutes. With a Brownells CS spring and H2 buffer it runs Super smooth, cycled steel case and ejected at ~4:30, .223 was right at 4:00 ejection, and Norma 5.56 ejected at 3-3:30, wouldn't run anything unsuppressed. Zero gas to face that I noticed! The wife was a huge fan, especially of how smooth it was with near zero recoil, and I'm super impressed! I'll be ordering a 50/50 tube for a different upper of mine pretty soon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IALoder View Post
    I recently ordered a gas tube from Clint for my 12.3" BA Hanson barrel. Was gassed decent when unsuppressed, but gave a fair amount of gas to the face with my Turbo K on. Configured one on the brt site and Clint sent me a .057 tube. Install took maybe 10 minutes. With a Brownells CS spring and H2 buffer it runs Super smooth, cycled steel case and ejected at ~4:30, .223 was right at 4:00 ejection, and Norma 5.56 ejected at 3-3:30, wouldn't run anything unsuppressed. Zero gas to face that I noticed! The wife was a huge fan, especially of how smooth it was with near zero recoil, and I'm super impressed! I'll be ordering a 50/50 tube for a different upper of mine pretty soon!
    The BA Hanson 12.3” is one of the 12.3/5” barrels that’s actually gassed pretty well from the factory unsuppressed, and works ok with occasional silencer use. Would probably be fine with a Hux can.

The 0.057” tube improves it greatly for a dedicated host. I think that you’ll find that it’ll even run steel cased with a typical .30 cal or 556 can, though the cyclic rate drops noticeably in auto.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The BA Hanson 12.3” is one of the 12.3/5” barrels that’s actually gassed pretty well from the factory unsuppressed, and works ok with occasional silencer use. Would probably be fine with a Hux can.

The 0.057” tube improves it greatly for a dedicated host. I think that you’ll find that it’ll even run steel cased with a typical .30 cal or 556 can, though the cyclic rate drops noticeably in auto.
    I was quite happy with how the BA Hanson 12.3 was gassed without a can. Honestly wasn't terrible with a can and sprinco blue/h2 other than me being a wimp about gas to the face.

But man it's nice with the .057! My wife said it feels like shooting a 22 Mag. I'm going to have to try it with my 30 cal can now!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Some feedback is too good not to share:

This application was for a 10.3" dedicated suppressed tune using the Huxwrx Flow556.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have to say this is an absolutely amazing product and service you provide.
    A common issue with factory or custom built rifles has always been proper gassing for reliability and suppression.
    The consumer market is flooded with products and solutions which range in both cost and effectiveness.
    I've spent time and money on everything from buffer systems to bolt carriers and adjustable gas blocks which come with their own nuances and reliability issues.
    If you're looking for the most direct, simple and easily installed product that regulates the gas flow for your specific needs then this is the perfect solution in both cost and ease of installation hands down.
    These will be put on all my existing and future rifles.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Disregard. You have the A5 system covered. It was hiding from me, initially I didn't see an option for a regular A5 spring but it is there.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-19-23 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently broke down and bought a BRT gas tube for my dedicated iron sight upper. An otherwise really nice barrel it was very over gassed. A BA midlength gas, 16" black stainless, it was my first mid length barrel and I was very excited for the mid length soft shooting pay off.. But it felt harsh and ejection was about 12:30-1:00. I even went to a Springco orange spring, designed for a .308 rifle, it worked but made working the action really stiff. Installed the BRT tube.
    Now I'm using the BCM version of the A5 system with a standard rifle spring and their 0 model buffer. I get ejection around 3:30 to 4:00 now.

It works as advertised !

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast