Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    While that's possible, drilling is a little trickier than it would appear.

We generally work with customers to swap sizes if we don't nail the size on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Could I start smaller and then drill it larger if necessary like your gas block inserts?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Like everything, it depends on on duty cycle and gas system length.

We've got one test going with a 100% suppressed carbine still in spec after 4000 rounds.

For now, let's call it ~5000 rounds expected useful life.

While that won't win any endurance record bragging rights or .gov contracts, it's actually completely adequate for 90% of users.

We have other solutions for the 10% with higher round counts or duty use.

The EZTUNE Gas Tube is a simple, effective solution that solves several problems really well.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyM4 View Post

My question is what is the expected round count life of one of these gas tubes?

After seeing guns burn holes in the topside of the gas tube between 10k and 15k rounds with proper sized gas ports, how long will the thin wall of these gas tubes last?
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Fair enough.

On that note, after having been out for awhile, any feedback on expected life span of the vented set screw/FSB option?

I made my own for an overgassed 10.5 but it's not something I use with any regularity or to any high round count so I haven't even thought about burning it out. Although I suspect it will last longer then a tuned gas tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Like everything, it depends on on duty cycle and gas system length.

We've got one test going with a 100% suppressed carbine still in spec after 3500 rounds.

For now, let's call it ~5000 rounds expected useful life.

While that won't win any endurance record bragging rights or .gov contracts, it's actually completely adequate for 90% of users.

We have other solutions for the 10% with higher round counts or duty use.

The EZTUNE Gas Tube is a simple, effective solution that solves several problems really well.
    It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the strategem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand -Yagyu Munemori

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I love the concept of these tubes. But my question is, where does the extra gas from the barrel port go? Will this carbon up the gas block or will the gas actually stay in the barrel and exit the muzzle?
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I love the concept of these tubes. But my question is, where does the extra gas from the barrel port go? Will this carbon up the gas block or will the gas actually stay in the barrel and exit the muzzle?
    It works essentially the same way as a small port in the barrel.

The small port limits the amount of gas flow into the tube and controls the impulse use to cycle the action.

Anything that does not go down the tube goes out the barrel.

With the EZTUNE tubes, there may be a small amount of carbon buildup in the non-critical areas of the gas block that does not affect function.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Does the gas tube erode around the area near the gas port that is not going into the port in the tube?
    I hope that makes sense....
    A normal gas tube has a larger hole than a gas port in the barrel. Therefore, the gas port is shooting gas into the solid part of the tube that would usually have a hole.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Yeet yeet Clint! straight gas tubes for MRP/MWS!? You are such a problem solver!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here is a carbine length EZTUNE Gas Tube after 4000 rounds suppressed, including some limited F/A.

The base barrel is a 10.5 carbine with an 080 gas port!

There is a "blast ring" which matches the size of the passage in the gas block that seems to exhibit a combination of pitting and buildup.

The edge of the port is slightly rounded from erosion, but the port itself still pin gauges as new.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Does the gas tube erode around the area near the gas port that is not going into the port in the tube?
    I hope that makes sense....
    A normal gas tube has a larger hole than a gas port in the barrel. Therefore, the gas port is shooting gas into the solid part of the tube that would usually have a hole.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Do you have an idea for gas-tube regulating hole sizing on 16” mid chrome .308 MWS barrel? Suppressed. I have no idea what the port is in the barrel, I have heard as large as 0.093”.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, we have a good starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Do you have an idea for gas-tube regulating hole sizing on 16” mid chrome .308 MWS barrel? Suppressed. I have no idea what the port is in the barrel, I have heard as large as 0.093”.
    Black River Tactical

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast