Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We don't get a lot of orders for rifle length setups, so we've focussed on carbine and mid length tubes to start.

For the occasional rifle request, we can modify a standard tube by drilling an opposite side gas port and re-bending.
    This is nether fun not easy, but we try to go the extra mile.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSlide View Post
    Clint,

Like a previous poster, I am interested in using one of these to reduce gas drive on a rifle length system, in my case a 308.

You mentioned that someone could order a midlength, and specify it to be changed to rifle lengths in the note. You said that it would be necessary to modify a standard tube. What did you mean by "modify"?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Would a Colt 11.5" FBI HRT unsuppressed benefit from a BRT gas tube or insert? What size would you recommend?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    Would a Colt 11.5" FBI HRT unsuppressed benefit from a BRT gas tube or insert? What size would you recommend?
    Where did you purchase this Colt FBI barrel? I bought one several months ago from Arms Unlimited and posted about it here....The version with the factory shaved front site post. After I installed it I noticed the gun was very overgassed kicking M193 at 1 o’clock, Fiocchi 223 at 2:30-3 and Brown Bear 55 gr at 3:30-4. This using a standard Colt H2 buffer and spring. Many have reported these GPs to be .070. Clint sent me some old bits and the GP actually measured .073.

I ended up getting one of his tubes sized at .069. Now m193 ejects at 3-3:30 and .223 at 4. Brown Bear will not eject the round. I have to try with a H1 buffer to see if it will work with the Brown Bear (I only shoot this for the local carbine classes).

The tubes definitely work as advertised. In hindsight I may have gone with .070 for this particular barrel to not worry about really weak stuff.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yeah AU is shady as f***, no telling how they got those bbls. Some have speculated AU is related to Botach somehow.
    I got my HRT bbl from Shark Arms, came in the factory sealed blue bag.
    Last edited by bigkracka; 12-13-19 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    Yeah AU is shady as f***, no telling how they got those bbls. Some have speculated AU is related to Botach somehow.
    I got my HRT bbl from Shark Arms, came in the factory sealed blue bag.
    Mine was in the sealed blue bag as well. All Colt markings. I kinda wonder how many actually measured vs just trusting what people say on the forums. Can’t image Colt is drilling various sized GBs
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Mine was in the sealed blue bag as well. All Colt markings. I kinda wonder how many actually measured vs just trusting what people say on the forums. Can’t image Colt is drilling various sized GBs
    I am guessing the blue bag ones with fsb are the regular spec. I am thinking Colt may have made a run for someone with the shaved fsb and specd port size for whoever ordered the barrels. AU then bought the overstock without doing their due diligence and sold them as the .070 barrels.

Only way to find out for sure is to measure

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yeah mine was an FBI HRT overrun, or so I'm told. It runs fine and feels like .069-.070, I sometimes suppress it so just wondering if I could run a smaller port.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, you can generally go a little smaller for mixed use.

Yeah mine was an FBI HRT overrun, or so I'm told. It runs fine and feels like .069-.070, I sometimes suppress it so just wondering if I could run a smaller port.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    EZTUNE Carbine tubes are back in stock.
    https://www.blackrivertactical.com/c...=0&sort=normal
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    The following is an excerpt from the email I sent to BRT yesterday. I started an AR pistol project to enjoy the concept never intending to suppress it. But I like it so much I decided to set it up 50/50 and will eventually suppress it. Email does not reflect the gas tube hole size, which I'll let BRT divulge if they choose. Same with barrel port size.

"... I installed it last night, and took it to the range with another pistol lower that had the A5 system. The standard carbine action spring that was on the shelf is actually another Spinco blue spring with most of the blue dykem worn off, but testing revealed the following:

11.5" upper with .xxx gas port, 15 degrees and windy at the range:

Ammo used:
    1-PMC Bronze(for giggles)
    2-62gr BTHP/ XBR reloads(2900fps from 18" barrel)
    3-Wolf 55gr Gold
    4-Norma 55gr 223 loaded by Lake City(feels almost like 5.56)
    5-M855

With Blue Spring/H buffer:
    -PMC cycles w/o lock back
    -62gr reloads cycle and lock back(Very first shot didn't cycle. Could not replicate)
    -Wolf Gold cycles w/lock back
    -Norma 223 cycles w/lock back
    -M855 cycles w/lock back

With A5/BCM rifle spring/A5H0:

-Cycles and locks back with everything

With A5/Sprinco Green/A5H2:
    -Cycles and locks back with everything.
    -Kinda of "chuggy" with PMC Bronze, not surprised.

In all cases, Aimpoint dot movement was significantly reduced. I'll order a standard carbine spring and run with it."

(I redacted the Sionics 11.5" barrel OEM gas port size out of professionalism, and because after giving the barrel a test drive and talking to Sionics, they offered to swap me for a reduced gas port barrel. I wanted to keep the larger base port, so if I elected to keep the standard ported barrel, which I am very happy with. My suppressor requires 1/2x28 threads, hence not considering the 11.5" BRT barrel.)

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast