Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Budget .223/5.56 "Precision" Upper?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Way ahead of you now... I bought a WOA upper last August and it's been fabulous.
    welcome to club!

Feedback Score
    I was set on woa, but have been eyeing the rainier match light barrel recently. Reliable consistent moa is all Im looking for. That would require a home barrel installation though, not sure if thats still a deal breaker.

My buddy has a bcm ss that is around .5-.75 moa, but from what Ive read, they are hit or miss. His is outstanding though.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-07-22 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I was set on woa, but have been eyeing the rainier match light barrel recently. Reliable consistent moa is all Im looking for. That would require a home barrel installation though, not sure if thats still a deal breaker.

My buddy has a bcm ss that is around .5-.75 moa, but from what Ive read, they are hit or miss. His is outstanding though.
    If you're mulling options for me, then it's too late: I bought a WOA and am loving it.

Side note: Now that I've done a barrel installation (admittedly, it was on a S&W 15-22, but I think working with plastic receiver (!) was even more nerve-wracking), I don't think it's a big deal.

I heard the same about BCM... I have one of their LW uppers and two of their lowers, but their "precision" options seemed too expensive and too iffy to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    If you're mulling options for me, then it's too late: I bought a WOA and am loving it.

Side note: Now that I've done a barrel installation (admittedly, it was on a S&W 15-22, but I think working with plastic receiver (!) was even more nerve-wracking), I don't think it's a big deal.

I heard the same about BCM... I have one of their LW uppers and two of their lowers, but their "precision" options seemed too expensive and too iffy to me.
    I didnt realize how little traffic this subforum gets, haha.

Which barrel did you go with? I'm eyeing up the SDM vs the Rainier arms match LW for .5 lb less... but thats very similar to my current CL LW barrel.

Feedback Score
    I got their medium-heavy 16" barrel, with their own M-Lok 15" handguard...

It works for me, and it's consistently <moa with Norma's 77gr match load.

Handloading to follow...

Feedback Score
    I have a 20” WOA 1:7 heavy for high power, and a 20” Green Mountain fluted 1:8 SPR that shoots just as well.

Feedback Score
    Posting to a pretty old post but was curious if any members have tried LaRue's 16" complete upper. Looks like it lists at $750 (including bcg and charging handle) but they make some pretty serious accuracy claims about this upper. Like their triggers and mounts okay just don't have any experience with this upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGrayGuy View Post
    Posting to a pretty old post but was curious if any members have tried LaRue's 16" complete upper. Looks like it lists at $750 (including bcg and charging handle) but they make some pretty serious accuracy claims about this upper. Like their triggers and mounts okay just don't have any experience with this upper.
    There are a few members here that have those or like I have the UU (ultimate upper).

Mine is a similar set up to what they are selling now. 16" 5.56 Stealth barrel in the Stealth 2.0 upper receiver(with hand guard).

What were you looking to know about it?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just wondering if they can be expected to group under 1" five shot groups at 100 using match grade ammunition.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGrayGuy View Post
    Just wondering if they can be expected to group under 1" five shot groups at 100 using match grade ammunition.
    I would think so, pretty sure they come with a target showing group shot with the upper.

I shot some groups a bit over moa at 100 using a PA 1-6 with ACSS and I'm not a great shooter.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast