Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget .223/5.56 "Precision" Upper?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I was going to suggest Compass Lake also. It sounds like you kinda want the BCM, so even though 2-300 more, just get it, that way you won’t have remorse later that you didn’t get the BCM upper. It has the rail slots you want and it is BCM...so there you go.
    I also like Compass lake, Douglas, and Lilja. My fave recce-style has Lilja barrel and it's stupid-accurate.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I hate to keep hammering this, because I really am a BCM fan, but for what BCM charges for a SS410 upper, I could buy a complete upper from Compass Lake with a fancy Douglas match barrel:

http://compasslake.com/product/spr-t...th-gas-system/
    Upper-for-upper standard pricing, the Douglas-barreled mid-length upper from Compass Lake and the SS upper from BCM is about the same (cause you add $50-$100 for assembly with Compass Lake). HOWEVER, right now BCM is having a sale that makes their SS mid-length uppers really hard to turn down. I would be happy with either but with BCMs sale, that's an optic, or ammo.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Yes. At 1200 the accuracy was gone. We bore scoped it and the throat had chunks missing. I’ve burned them out at similar counts before but it happened under a heavy firing schedule.
    That would be disappointing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is within your budget:
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue...-15-upper-kit/

I got mine with the 16" Stealth Barrel and then sold the muzzle break for 85 bucks or so. You could sell off some of the other parts too to get your total cost even lower if you didn't need/want them for your build. It's a kit but they offer to assemble the upper for you. I didn't see that it addeny additional cost. I got mine unassembled as I wanted to build it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    You can get the whole CM4 rifle for $1200...
    Let's not all start ranting about California's stupid gun laws, but a complete rifle is a no-go for me... It's not just that I only need an upper, it's that I cannot buy a new lower anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Yes. At 1200 the accuracy was gone. We bore scoped it and the throat had chunks missing. I’ve burned them out at similar counts before but it happened under a heavy firing schedule.
    Jeez, that would suck... FWIW, I haven't read anywhere else about their barrels going away prematurely...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I love their barrels; used them for years. Just not crazy about the configuration of the uppers. Don't get me wrong, tho....if someone were to give me one I would gladly take it!
    RE: White Oak. I think so, too...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    HOWEVER, right now BCM is having a sale that makes their SS mid-length uppers really hard to turn down...
    Where? I'm not seeing it...

Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    I'm in Germany, and Larue's website is blocked... Damn.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Where? I'm not seeing it...

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-1...Group-s/27.htm

Feedback Score
    That is their all the time pricing. The stuff really isn't on sale

Best bet to find BCM on sale is primary arms frequent sales or a Brownells coupon
    Last edited by everready73; 11-08-19 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in Germany, and Larue's website is blocked... Damn.
    Here is pretty much how I received my kit. I got the 16" Stealth Barrel, this one looks like it may be 18" I got the 13" hand guard, and it's Black not FDE as that was an extra charge.

The website lists it for $792, I then sold the muzzle break (I could find my old listing to confirm) for around 80 bucks.

There are other good options as others have suggested but this is a pretty nice package and I went with it when I was trying to build a more precision orientated rifle on a budget.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That is their all the time pricing. The stuff really isn't on sale
    Right... That's not special pricing. With a BCG and charging handle and sales tax (!) that's $900+.

Best bet to find BCM on sale is primary arms frequent sales or a Brownells coupon
    Yeah, but their selection is iffy...

Feedback Score

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast