Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget .223/5.56 "Precision" Upper?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Our BRT 16"OPTIMUM SPR upper should meet your needs nicely.

It is available with our Covert Comp, which is the best linear style muzzle device on the market.

The Wylde chamber and EXT gas system work together, allowing excellent performance even with hot loads like 77gr SMK Mk262.

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...egory=20819268

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Our BRT 16"OPTIMUM SPR upper should meet your needs nicely...
    Yeah, but with the 13.7" handguard, it's $672 out the door. (Plus a BCG = well over $800.)

Silly vanity question:

Is that supposed to be the SLR handguard in the photo?

They look different here: https://slrrifleworks.com/solo-13-7-...andguard-mlok/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We have a couple options for more affordable hand guards, including the 13" generic shown, that meet your budget.

PM for details.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Others may, but I have not had any trouble with Wylde chambers with any loads ranging from powderpuff to HOT. I see you’re considering the Aero upper. I used a 16” stainless BAlistic Advantage barrel on a build. It shot well, (.8-1.2 moa 10 shot groups) but was toast by the 1200 round mark. It wasn’t babied but wasn’t used as a bullet hose either. I don’t know if they had a bad lot of steel or what but I’m not buying any more.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 11-05-19 at 18:09. Reason: Correcting auto correct
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Possibly consider the Centurion Arms CM4 complete upper. 16 inch, mid length gas, FF, chrome lined barrel. Mine is consistently 1 moa (occasionally better) with Black Hills Mk262. I’m pretty sure I’m the limiting factor. I think I paid just a shade over $800 a few years ago. Might be able to get It cheaper soon with holiday deals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    We have a couple options for more affordable hand guards, including the 13" generic shown, that meet your budget.
    PM for details.
    You have my attention!

Once I get serious about this, I'll be in touch...

Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Others may, but I have not had any trouble with Wylde chambers with any loads ranging from powderpuff to HOT. I see you’re considering the Aero upper. I used a 16” stainless BAlistic Advantage barrel on a build. It shot well, (.8-1.2 moa 10 shot groups) but was toast by the 1200 round mark. It wasn’t babied but wasn’t used as a bullet hose either. I don’t know if they had a bad lot of steel or what but I’m not buying any more.
    You mean the accuracy went away at 1,200 rounds? That seems absurdly short-lived... Even 6.5CM barrels usually last 2,500 rounds, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CH_LA View Post
    Possibly consider the Centurion Arms CM4 complete upper...
    Nice, but $925 with a BCG... Also, I associate CHF with "long life" and not necessarily with accuracy. Am I wrong about that?

Centurion's "Recce" upper is over $1,200 with a BCG...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    You have my attention!

Once I get serious about this, I'll be in touch...

You mean the accuracy went away at 1,200 rounds? That seems absurdly short-lived... Even 6.5CM barrels usually last 2,500 rounds, right?

Nice, but $925 with a BCG... Also, I associate CHF with "long life" and not necessarily with accuracy. Am I wrong about that?

Centurion's "Recce" upper is over $1,200 with a BCG...
    You can get the whole CM4 rifle for $1200 and it has a lot of nice features chf chrome barrel, pinned gas block, etc.. mrgunsngear has a new video on it and it shot very nice sub moa groups.

They had them for $999 when they launched, maybe black Friday will bring back those prices

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've had good luck with Clint's aka Black River Tactical's barrels. I think they'd fit the bill in both performance and price for you.

Feedback Score
    Yes. At 1200 the accuracy was gone. We bore scoped it and the throat had chunks missing. I’ve burned them out at similar counts before but it happened under a heavy firing schedule.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Did you look at the SPR uppers? They use ALG rails which are GTG and look like most others IMO. I am sure they would put on another rail if you sent one or wanted something they have in stock

The service upper obviously look different so they comply with the competition rules
    I love their barrels; used them for years. Just not crazy about the configuration of the uppers. Don't get me wrong, tho....if someone were to give me one I would gladly take it!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast