Thread: PSA AR-10 barrel question

Feedback Score

PSA AR-10 barrel question

Hello. I have a PSA PA-10 (gen 2), with a 20” stainless barrel. The rifle doesn’t have the greatest accuracy, and I was thinking about replacing the barrel. Could I put a heavy or bull barrel on it? And does anyone have any recommendations for a barrel? I’m new to the technical aspect of the AR platform, so please forgive the newbie questions. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I've heard good things about PSA barrels. When you say not accurate how much are your groupings and at what distance?

One of most expensive parts on an AR-10 is the barrel so I'd hate to see you spend more money and not have it help.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You can replace it with any profile barrel you want as long as it is compatible. There is a guy on TOS that has done a lot of testing with the PSA .308. Lapping the receiver has helped his samples.

he runs a Criterion barrel on one of the PSA uppers that shoots sub moa so that is a good option. They re quality barrels. Faxon will work as well.

I would run the barrel and let it break in. Ty a couple diff types of ammo before you go changing anything imo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N2414A View Post
    Hello. I have a PSA PA-10 (gen 2), with a 20” stainless barrel. The rifle doesn’t have the greatest accuracy, and I was thinking about replacing the barrel. Could I put a heavy or bull barrel on it? And does anyone have any recommendations for a barrel? I’m new to the technical aspect of the AR platform, so please forgive the newbie questions. Thanks!
    What's the gun's history?

Age of gun

Number of rounds fired over what period of time

Sights / optic?

Any particular distance?

What do you consider inaccurate and at what distance

Inaccurate in both windage and elevation?

Clean / Dirty?

Type / brand of ammo

Are you the only "inaccurate" shooter with it?
    Last edited by bamashooter; 11-14-19 at 21:25.