Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 590a1 or 1301

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

590a1 or 1301

I have a couple of 590a1's and several 500's and 835's. Already well invested in the Mossberg platform manipulation and controls. I have taken a few shotgun classes and love my 590a1 and am proficient with it. It fills a defensive role that my carbine does not.

With all of the talk about the new Beretta 1301 is it worth stepping outside of my Mossberg comfort zone and switching platforms simple to move from a pump to an autoloader? I understand that it will take plenty of time / ammo invested to become proficient with it. So, I am asking is the juice worth the squeeze for the change. I do not shoot competition and am not looking to purchase a toy or game gun.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm not getting rid of my 870 but recently picked up a 1301 and gave it the full Aridus treatment, it is a bump up for sure. Super fast shooting. I was blown away how light is was in stock configuration. Even dolled up the weight still isn't bad. It's worth IMO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm not getting rid of my 870 but recently picked up a 1301 and gave it the full Aridus treatment, it is a bump up for sure. Super fast shooting. I was blown away how light is was in stock configuration. Even dolled up the weight still isn't bad. It's worth IMO.
    When I have handled the 1301s in the 18-21” range, they are light. Balance seems too good, especially too good to manage recoil well. Never had an opportunity to shoot one, but does it handle recoil well?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The 1301 is very pleasant to shoot, it surprised me with how soft the recoil is.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    When I have handled the 1301s in the 18-21” range, they are light. Balance seems too good, especially too good to manage recoil well. Never had an opportunity to shoot one, but does it handle recoil well?
    As Todd.K mentions it is very pleasant to shoot, the gas operation is not only extremely fast it is mild on recoil. Just for shits and giggles I dumped a few mags full of 00 buck shot with one hand to check it out, was able to keep all rounds on target even under rapid fire. From my limited experience t's reputation is well deserved.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m not heavy into shottys, but my 1301 will remain my one and only.
    Not nearly the aftermarket goodies as there are for 870s, but I’m a minimalist. Have had it 2 years and have not changed anything yet aside from the bolt release button. (You’ll read about that issue and want to correct it on Gen 1s. It has been corrected on the Gen 2s). The gun drives like a Formula 1!

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a lightly tricked out 1301.
    As above, it’s a handy and quick gas gun.
    Up to you to decide if Its worth adding to your shotty pack.

The saying; “if it works, don’t fix it” comes to mind.
    You have several 590’s.
    That said, we’re ’mericans; mo’, faster, further, etc.

I’m guilty.

I won’t be getting rid of my 1301 anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The saying; “if it works, don’t fix it” comes to mind.
    This is what I keep coming back to as go look at it. Not afraid to spend the $ on it by any means. But, do not want to buy it to have it sit unused because the change doesn't sit well. I was looking for somebody to come back at me with a "the 1301 was a game changer and I sold all of my pumps down the road for it" to make the switch. Looks like for the moment I will be sticking with my 590a1's

Thanks all for the feedback

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would look at one of the Langdon Tactical Beretta 1301 models...they look legit.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Its kinda like driving a straight shift vs an automatic. You can be ultra proficient with a manual shift or a pump shotgun but once you get some time behind the automatic it grows on you. That being said you might not like the 1301 any better at first. It takes time to get used to the differences in the manual of arms.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast