Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 590a1 or 1301

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A reliable semi that doesn't cost as much as an M4 or kick like an M2 is a game changer.

Legitimately can't afford more than a basic pump and years of training on a pump (like retired LE) are the only good reasons to stick with them at this point.

People underestimate the likelihood of short stroking a pump under stress and overestimate the likelihood of a top tier semi jamming, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

People underestimate the likelihood of short stroking a pump under stress and overestimate the likelihood of a top tier semi jamming, in my opinion.
    I think you're right.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    A reliable semi that doesn't cost as much as an M4 or kick like an M2 is a game changer.

Legitimately can't afford more than a basic pump and years of training on a pump (like retired LE) are the only good reasons to stick with them at this point.

I definitely agree with that.

And the LTT 1301 is definitely legit. I put together one like it before Ernest started that particular project. They are ridiculously fast and effective, especially with an Aimpoint on top.

I say all that as someone that has Beretta, Benelli, Browning, Mossberg and Remington 12 gauge anti-personnel shotguns. My fave is the 1301.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I need to trade my garbage 870 in for something different and you guys aren’t helping. I was leaning towards a magpul’d 590A1 but that LTT 1301 does look awesome. I just wish they had it with FDE furniture and several hundred $ less. It costs as much as an M4 which is one of those nostalgic guns for me, despite everyone saying the 1301 is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

And many might forget to pump at all after firing the first round under stress...
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    that LTT 1301 does look awesome. I just wish they had it with FDE furniture and several hundred $ less.
    The gen1 are pretty reasonable used, or if you can still find one new. Just add the $10 bolt release shroud. The factory stock is very serviceable, so you can add the magpul in your choice of color when you have the funds.

Feedback Score
    I have used and carried a Mossy 590 for over 30 years (as a LEO). I came to trust and rely on it, but when I bought my "1301 Tactical" I was truly amazed. I am pretty good with my 590's and trust them, but there is no comparison in my mind. The 1301 Tactical is "much softer shooting", "much quicker cycling", and just a pleasure to shoot. Take the "LEAP", I don't think you will regret it.

P.S. Keep it clean and it will serve you well.
    Last edited by popo22; 02-27-20 at 21:22.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    You can get a 590 for about $350 with the polymer stock and then get whatever spare barrels needed. It's about as bare bones of a shotgun as you need.
    Hence Todd.K's comment. But if $'s aren't a driving factor get a 1301, no contest.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1301 for sure. It is the premier defensive shotgun currently. Between its barrel length & short length of pull it rivals many 14” guns in terms of perceived length. I have 2 and they both run any and everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast