Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC suppressor?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

KAC QDC suppressor?

I'm heavily considering one for my 12.5.

I previously thought I'd run a surefire socom mini 2 on it, but...

I'm really not impressed with how easily the SF cans carbon lock on, and on this gun I'd like a bit more quiet, as well. Surefire has a higher tone pitch than KAC QDC, I'm told.

Is the QDC system also going to carbon lock? How is the MAMS? The QDC can will only add about 1.3oz vs a SF Mini+SFMB.

Overall impressions?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

KAC QDC suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I'm heavily considering one for my 12.5.

I previously thought I'd run a surefire socom mini 2 on it, but...

I'm really not impressed with how easily the SF cans carbon lock on, and on this gun I'd like a bit more quiet, as well. Surefire has a higher tone pitch than KAC QDC, I'm told.

Is the QDC system also going to carbon lock? How is the MAMS? The QDC can will only add about 1.3oz vs a SF Mini+SFMB.

Overall impressions?
    I have both a 762 QDC and 762 QDC CQB so I can't speak of the 556 version. I primarily shoot the CQB when shooting sub 300blk and use my regular QDC on a Colt LE901. I think the QDC set up is the best you can get mainly because your mounting point allows you to install the suppressor in the same orientation every time. So far I've had zero carbon lock and I believe it has a lot to do with the way the suppressor locks onto the muzzle device. The MAMS isn't obnoxiously loud but it's still a brake so expect it to be a tad louder than a hider. Overall they're a great can and have no buyers remorse... worth every penny.

Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 11-02-19 at 01:34.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have both. My SF mini carbon locks every time. The KAC has carbon locked before but its been forever since its happened.
    I cant really tell you about the tone difference. The SF is personally owned and gets shot at an indoor range on a 16” gun. The KAC is issued and gets shot outside on an 11.5. It definitely sounds good though.
    I think they’re both great cans but If its one or the other Id probably go with the KAC. Also no experience with the MAMS. We use the flash hider.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear got the KAC mini can on his Knights AR. The first thing I was playing with was removal after shooting on the first day out.

Definitely didn't act like it could stick on the mount, but we only had a hundred rounds or so through it. Very cool suppressor.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    QDC mount is slick and the cans are excellent, albeit costly. If you have the scratch, I highly recommend it. As for suppression, I personally don’t get too wrapped up in it. A rifle caliber can is not going to be hearing safe. Chasing dB reduction typically results in the high back pressure cans of AAC, SiCo, Gemtech, AWC, etc. Mount design, repeatability, and low back pressure are the most important attributes in a can IMO - KAC cans check off all those boxes.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Other than my rimfire cans, the KAC QDC gets more use than anything else. It’s so good it makes me hate my other cans. I’m tempted to eat all the money I’d lose from stamps and sell a bunch of crap cans to buy more KAC cans.

I get it, the price of admission is high, but boy do you get a lot for it. It isn’t even that “expensive” when I think that I have more money than another KAC can tied up in cans that I hate and never take out.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mine doesn't seem to carbon lock. Not months of rounds down range, but it seems like a brilliant design.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My full size SOCOM II has not carbon locked... I just break it loose after a firing session and re mount. I'm sure if I left it on for months on end it would, but it takes all of 10 seconds to unlock it, pull it off and put it back on so...

That being said the only reason I bought a SOCOM II over a QDC was price... Brownells had a great black Friday sale last year and stacked with a first responder discount it was almost half the price of a QDC. I would not hesitate a second to purchase a QDC. Sound wise... don't be too autistic... it's a full size rifle can, they're all loud.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, I bought one. I'll know more when the King's men and women allow me to know more.

Feedback Score
    Which model did you buy?

I'm rather lucky and got my stamp back for my 7.62 CRS in just a few months. I've been enjoying it on my SR25, and my 11.5" 5.56 pistol. There is a little gas that slips past the mount, but the can still comes off after multiple range sessions. I'm pretty happy with it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast