Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC suppressor?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I ended up sucking it up and buying a MAMS and its the best brake / adapter I have on any gun. Running without a can is crazy, the gun doesn't budge. I wouldn't buy a MINI version of the QDC for a shorty, my mini is loud on a 16 inch SR15. I'd get the full sized 556 KAC can. Just my .02. But I'd get it.

If you will run the gun suppressed 100% of the time, maybe the MAMS is not needed. I do think it did quiet the gun a bit moving to the MAMS though so...

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-27-20 at 18:38.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I ended up sucking it up and buying a MAMS and its the best brake / adapter I have on any gun. Running without a can is crazy, the gun doesn't budge. I wouldn't buy a MINI version of the QDC for a shorty, my mini is loud on a 16 inch SR15. I'd get the full sized 556 KAC can. Just my .02. But I'd get it.

If you will run the gun suppressed 100% of the time, maybe the MAMS is not needed. I do think it did quiet the gun a bit moving to the MAMS though so...

PB
    I have a 762CQB QDC that I use for 300blk Subs... works pretty well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What decent can is close to $300? KAC cans are known for having a deep tone, low back pressure, and one of the best mounting systems as far as POI shift and carbon lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    MAMS is just a muzzle brake and better for suppressed shooting for shorter barrels.
    Thanks, gents!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Can I p/w the MAMS on a 14.5 in barrel? Worthwhile? I plan to shoot unsuppressed also.

And how are the cans with blowback? Better than most? Bad?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spensx View Post
    Can I p/w the MAMS on a 14.5 in barrel? Worthwhile? I plan to shoot unsuppressed also.

Thanks in advance
    Absolutely, d. wilson did mine about three weeks ago. The MAMS does keep the gun incredibly flat.

The cans have a good reputation for having minimal blowback but my personal experience is limited to two mag dumps years ago so I’m mostly going off of what other people say. I finally found one in stock and ordered my first two weeks ago but I’m not even sure if the form 3 to transfer it to my LGS has been approved yet so it’s got a ways to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Absolutely, d. wilson did mine about three weeks ago. The MAMS does keep the gun incredibly flat.

The cans have a good reputation for having minimal blowback but my personal experience is limited to two mag dumps years ago so I’m mostly going off of what other people say. I finally found one in stock and ordered my first two weeks ago but I’m not even sure if the form 3 to transfer it to my LGS has been approved yet so it’s got a ways to go.

The QDC line are fantastic cans. I don’t have a 556 QDC and have a NT4 but also have a full sized 762 QDC. Absolutely worth the money.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I'm really tempted to jump on a QDC, but not sure if I should just wait for the new PRT cans to be released.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I'm really tempted to jump on a QDC, but not sure if I should just wait for the new PRT cans to be released.
    That was my plan initially but between the great and continuing panic of 2020 and the fact that they’re heavier, I figured I may as well get at least one as soon as I can.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    That was my plan initially but between the great and continuing panic of 2020 and the fact that they’re heavier, I figured I may as well get at least one as soon as I can.

Yeah the weight increase gave me pause, but originally was going to get the CQB PRT for my 11.5 mod 2 (which even with the slight weight increase of the PRT I think it brought the weight to about equal of the non-PRT full-size QDC). Now rereading this thread I'm seeing everyone going with full-size QDC for the shorter barrels.

I guess it wouldn't be bad to just go for the full size QDC for the 11.5 now, and then get a PRT CQB for my 14.5...

I haven't really been looking at inventory of cans during this panic, but I figured NFA items were a little less effected by the stupidity. I could be wrong, but just figured the people that buy cans would be a little more cool-headed with how these panics go. Even if Biden's NFA wet dream were to become a reality I don't think they could really do much about current suppressors and SBRs. I mean what are they going to do, make them extra NFA?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spensx View Post

Thanks in advance
    The blow back is not bad, better than most even though they are coming out with Reduced Blowback cans down the road. I suspect because OSS won that army contract with HK 7.62 gun with their RBB can. If you plan to run partially unsuppressed, get the MAMS, it so impressive. KAC gear is GTG.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-28-20 at 20:29.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast