Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC suppressor?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Since I run 100% suppressed, I couldn't make myself buy the beloved MAMS, which made me tear up. I want that MAMS, but fck. Cost as much as some cans.

PB
    Shaves a dB or two off the meter, too, vs the 3 prong, used ICW can. You're welcome, and thanks for letting me harm your finances, because now you're stuck on a path.
    Last edited by WS6; 12-08-19 at 02:19.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I might just have to bite that bullet after a good check. Think Holiday sales. Off to the inter web.

edit, is it the mini mams?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

KAC QDC suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I might just have to bite that bullet after a good check. Think Holiday sales. Off to the inter web.

edit, is it the mini mams?

PB
    https://www.knightarmco.com/12802/sh...le-brake-kit-k

The cheapest I’ve ever seen them for is on TOS’ EE. The other day there was one that was still NIW for $250 shipped I believe. I would’ve jumped on it if I wasn’t waiting for a ton of back pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-10-19 at 23:09.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks, Operation Parts calls it Mini MAMS for no known reason. Its just MAMS. Same part number

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Sorry to revive a dead thread. Newbie to the forum and to gun stuff.

I'm in the process of purchasing a few items and wanted some clarification on the MAMS. Is it a piece that gets welded onto the barrel or is it attached another way? And then the suppressor goes over it, correct? What are the advantages to using both together?

I guess it also helps to ask what muzzle device comes already on a KAC rifle? I'm assuming that particular muzzle device is also QDC ready ?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spensx View Post
    Sorry to revive a dead thread. Newbie to the forum and to gun stuff.

I'm in the process of purchasing a few items and wanted some clarification on the MAMS. Is it a piece that gets welded onto the barrel or is it attached another way? And then the suppressor goes over it, correct? What are the advantages to using both together?

I guess it also helps to ask what muzzle device comes already on a KAC rifle? I'm assuming that particular muzzle device is also QDC ready ?
    QDC is their mount system. KAC has two current 5.56 QDC mounts plus some legacy NT4 mounts (not compatible). The current ones are the QDC 3-prong flash eliminator kit (https://www.knightarmco.com/12813/sh...eliminator-kit) that comes on factory rifles and uppers and the MAMS (https://www.knightarmco.com/12802/sh...le-brake-kit-k).

Both will work with KAC's current line of 5.56 QDC cans. The MAMS has benefits over the 3 prong when used with the suppressor - muzzle brakes act as a sacrificial baffle which means they take some of the abuse of the round instead of the can (don't ask me how) and has been reported here to be maybe slightly quieter than the 3 prong. Unsuppressed, I'd probably judge it off of barrel length. The MAMS definitely has muzzle break features so its louder and produces more muzzle flash than the the 3-prong. I wouldn't put it on a dedicated HD gun or anything shorter than 14.5, maybe 12.5 without a can.
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-27-20 at 11:47.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    The cost of some of KAC's muzzle devices is not that far off some decent cans. I know KAC has some game-changing features in their SR-15/16 and SR-25 designs that justifies the price premium, but I'd like to see what their cans do that their competition's more reasonably priced cans do not.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPatton View Post
    The cost of some of KAC's muzzle devices is not that far off some decent cans. I know KAC has some game-changing features in their SR-15/16 and SR-25 designs that justifies the price premium, but I'd like to see what their cans do that their competition's more reasonably priced cans do not.
    What decent can is close to $300? KAC cans are known for having a deep tone, low back pressure, and one of the best mounting systems as far as POI shift and carbon lock.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Hey Wake,

I guess my main question is, what am I missing out on if I don't get the MAMS? I plan on getting whatever muzzle device I end up with pin n welded.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spensx View Post
    Hey Wake,

I guess my main question is, what am I missing out on if I don't get the MAMS? I plan on getting whatever muzzle device I end up with pin n welded.
    MAMS is just a muzzle brake and better for suppressed shooting for shorter barrels.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast