Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC suppressor?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    Which model did you buy?

I'm rather lucky and got my stamp back for my 7.62 CRS in just a few months. I've been enjoying it on my SR25, and my 11.5" 5.56 pistol. There is a little gas that slips past the mount, but the can still comes off after multiple range sessions. I'm pretty happy with it.
    QDC 556 fullsize can

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    QDC 556 fullsize can
    Peak Yeet. You won’t ragert it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    QDC 556 fullsize can
    Very cool. These KAC cans are nice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    MAMS + QDC is bees knees.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I also have a NT4... that's one of my favorite cans.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Excellent decision. I have been saying I think the KAC cans, despite the money, are the best 556 cans on the market still today. My favorite for a 12.5 is the CQB but the full size will serve you well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Excellent decision. I have been saying I think the KAC cans, despite the money, are the best 556 cans on the market still today. My favorite for a 12.5 is the CQB but the full size will serve you well.
    I know its gonna be heavier and longer, but I legit want more than my sf mini cans are doing for me, and I hear KAC cqb is kinda similar in dB, so I went full.

Feedback Score
    I'm heavily considering one for my 12.5.

I previously thought I'd run a surefire socom mini 2 on it, but...

I'm really not impressed with how easily the SF cans carbon lock on, and on this gun I'd like a bit more quiet, as well. Surefire has a higher tone pitch than KAC QDC, I'm told.

Is the QDC system also going to carbon lock? How is the MAMS? The QDC can will only add about 1.3oz vs a SF Mini+SFMB.

Overall impressions?
    The QDC is the best can/mount setup for semi autos, especially/obviously for SR15/SR30/SR25's

The 762 and 5.56 MAMS, respectively, are on a whole other level. Even the newer MAMS for the NT4, that replaced the Triple Tap is great.

The QDC on my M110k, my DSR25 with the CQB/DSR, the QDC/CQB on my rifle dynamics RD702, just to name a few are all mind boggling how well they throw the noise down range and have no blow back into my face. As well as minimal carbon build up (YMMV depending on your rifle platform).

Cody

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    QDC mount is slick and the cans are excellent, albeit costly. If you have the scratch, I highly recommend it. As for suppression, I personally don’t get too wrapped up in it. A rifle caliber can is not going to be hearing safe. Chasing dB reduction typically results in the high back pressure cans of AAC, SiCo, Gemtech, AWC, etc. Mount design, repeatability, and low back pressure are the most important attributes in a can IMO - KAC cans check off all those boxes.
    THIS^^^

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Other than my rimfire cans, the KAC QDC gets more use than anything else. It’s so good it makes me hate my other cans. I’m tempted to eat all the money I’d lose from stamps and sell a bunch of crap cans to buy more KAC cans.

I get it, the price of admission is high, but boy do you get a lot for it. It isn’t even that “expensive” when I think that I have more money than another KAC can tied up in cans that I hate and never take out.
    That's what I'm working towards, aside from some niche builds that only accept one type of suppressor (like my OOW 240 SLR, and the AAC MG-SD cans). I've sold some, and working on selling 2 more to some friends and getting them into the NFA world.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast