Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: KAC QDC suppressor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What decent can is close to $300? KAC cans are known for having a deep tone, low back pressure, and one of the best mounting systems as far as POI shift and carbon lock.
    $300? None. But KAC cans run well over $1400 iirc. Even Surefire cans sell for less, not to mention Griffin, Rugged, Dead Air, etc. YHM make pretty decent stuff apparently too, as I am sure other makers do. All of them have some pretty good QD options.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPatton View Post
    $300? None. But KAC cans run well over $1400 iirc. Even Surefire cans sell for less, not to mention Griffin, Rugged, Dead Air, etc. YHM make pretty decent stuff apparently too, as I am sure other makers do. All of them have some pretty good QD options.
    YHM Turbo K is $375 and Rex Silentium MG7k is $450 ($315 in their Oct sale), and they are really cool cans, and YHM has one of the best QD sysems. But neither are comparable to KAC cans, and fulfill a different role.

Griffin is not as durable as KAC. I know little about Rugged, except that the Radiant seems cool. Dead Air is not quite on KAC’s level, but seems to be very close, for much less money. Of course, they outsource their manufacturing.

That said, the QDC is a little too rich for my blood at this time. I enjoy my Griffin, YHM, and Rex rifle cans.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    YHM Turbo K is $375 and Rex Silentium MG7k is $450 ($315 in their Oct sale), and they are really cool cans, and YHM has one of the best QD sysems. But neither are comparable to KAC cans, and fulfill a different role.

Griffin is not as durable as KAC. I know little about Rugged, except that the Radiant seems cool. Dead Air is not quite on KAC’s level, but seems to be very close, for much less money. Of course, they outsource their manufacturing.

That said, the QDC is a little too rich for my blood at this time. I enjoy my Griffin, YHM, and Rex rifle cans.
    I haven't heard/seen and Griffin cans wearing out (not saying that they can't but it would take a lot of rounds to do that, and that applies for KAC cans too I imagine). I'm open to being convinced either way. I realize that destructive testing of cans is not something typical end users would do, given the price of the cans, the $200 tax stamp, and the costs of ammo obviously.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I haven't heard/seen and Griffin cans wearing out (not saying that they can't but it would take a lot of rounds to do that, and that applies for KAC cans too I imagine). I'm open to being convinced either way. I realize that destructive testing of cans is not something typical end users would do, given the price of the cans, the $200 tax stamp, and the costs of ammo obviously.
    As a guy that owns a M4SDk (and 30SDk in jail), and has used the NT4 professionally, I can say for certain the NT4’s blast baffle is more wear resistant than the M4SDk, even when abused more severely. Whether that matters for most users, or at all, is something I cannot say. What I can say is that my M4SDk still sounds good, but the blast baffle can now fit a 6.5mm projectile, and the second baffle is also enlarged. Its been shot quite a bit, obviously, and spends most of its time on an 11.3” with a brake now. I doubt it’ll ever wear to the point of significant performance degradation, since the wear seems to have stopped, but it is obvious that KAC NT4 cans are more durable. I’ve used those on Mk46’s with flash hiders, as well as M4a1’s and Mk18’s, also with flash hiders.

The M4SDk is much cheaper and fits my use better than a NT4 or QDC, but that does not mean it is closely comparable.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah but your original point was that some KAC muzzle devices are close in price to decent cans, which I disagree with.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    As a guy that owns a M4SDk (and 30SDk in jail), and has used the NT4 professionally, I can say for certain the NT4’s blast baffle is more wear resistant than the M4SDk, even when abused more severely. Whether that matters for most users, or at all, is something I cannot say. What I can say is that my M4SDk still sounds good, but the blast baffle can now fit a 6.5mm projectile, and the second baffle is also enlarged. Its been shot quite a bit, obviously, and spends most of its time on an 11.3” with a brake now. I doubt it’ll ever wear to the point of significant performance degradation, since the wear seems to have stopped, but it is obvious that KAC NT4 cans are more durable. I’ve used those on Mk46’s with flash hiders, as well as M4a1’s and Mk18’s, also with flash hiders.

The M4SDk is much cheaper and fits my use better than a NT4 or QDC, but that does not mean it is closely comparable.
    I think this is the most realistic and fair posts regarding real world use and what someone is willing to get for themselves.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456