Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converted Colt LE6920 to Mk18; what do I need to know?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I would put a Wilcox Mount on that aimpoint, change the pistol grip, and put CQD sling mounts and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Can you explain why? I don't use my PVS 14 on a weapon mount. I tried it, but it's pretty much useless. I have an IR laser I use with it.

On the QD mount, do they make a QD adapter for that stock? I would go for that, but I'm not going to change stocks just for a QD mount. It's not that important to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Converted Colt LE6920 to Mk18; what do I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Can you explain why? I don't use my PVS 14 on a weapon mount. I tried it, but it's pretty much useless. I have an IR laser I use with it.

On the QD mount, do they make a QD adapter for that stock? I would go for that, but I'm not going to change stocks just for a QD mount. It's not that important to me.
    Wilcox Mount as in this. It’s just for the aimpoint, not for nods.

Because it’s “clone correct”

And CQD mounts aren’t actually QD mounts. But they are Mk18 correct mounts.

If you want QD for your stock, then this is acceptable on “Mk18s” by knights.

Last edited by JulyAZ; 11-03-19 at 13:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Wilcox Mount as in this. It’s just for the aimpoint, not for nods.

Because it’s “clone correct”

And CQD mounts aren’t actually QD mounts. But they are Mk18 correct mounts.

If you want QD for your stock, then this is acceptable on “Mk18s” by knights.

Oh I'm not worried about that. If any of it is clone correct that's just coincidence. I'm not trying to clone anything. My stuff is just really old so it kinda sorta works out that way. One of these days I want to upgrade to an all in one laser/light module like the Steiner A4.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I did the exact same thing for my first SBR. Add an H3 buffer and call it a day.

I experimented with the A5, H, H2, H3 buffers/system and a whole mess of different types of buffer springs. The best combination, for me, was a standard Colt spring and H3 buffer. Smooth recoil, solid ejection, no functional issues.

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I took a stock LE6920 and sent the barrel to ADCO to have it cut to 10.3" and they enlarged the gas port to Crane spec while they were at it (for no additional charge, thanks guys!).

I took out the H buffer and replaced it with a Colt H2 buffer. Left the stock recoil spring.

I switched the trigger to a Geisselle (I can't remember which one it is, but it's the semi version of the NSN one that was approved by Crane).

Instead of reinstalling the A2 flash hider, I used a Smith vortex so I could use a direct thread suppressor with it.

Other than that, I haven't changed anything internal. I put on a RIS and a Crane stock, as well as an Ergo grip, but that's it.

I shot 100 rounds through it the other day, M855 and Tulammo. The Tulammo was too weak to lock back on certain mags, but that's to be expected. The next time I shoot steel I'll just switch back to the H buffer.

Is there anything else I need to change? I think it has Colt's newest extractor spring, and it seemed to be ejecting in the right direction. It's about a 2014 production I think. It was one of the Mexican overruns, and it was so nice I decided to keep it as my main AR and register it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12