Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Feedback Score

Beretta APX

Beretta has established "special pricing" on this gun, apparently to stimulate sales. The standard black full-size APX is $329 and the FDE full-size is $339, although I don't know if all retailers are offering these prices (Bud's is one that is).

By all accounts it's not a bad gun (although it seems to function most reliably with stronger loads). I take it that it just got lost in the sea of polymer guns currently swamping the market?

Feedback Score
    That's what I am thinking

I have not heard anything bad at all, but nothing that makes it stand out from welll established options like Glock/ M&P/VP9/PPQ and others. Lots of solid options for poly 9mm guns

Kinda like the FN509.. solid guns just not catching on

The price might convince me to grab one though

Feedback Score
    I bought an APX Centurion off Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago for $299.99. It came with 10 round mags, and I think that drove the price down on the one I bought. (I was the only one to bid on it.) All of my other striker-fired pistols are Glocks, so I bought this one more out of curiosity than for any other reason. I generally like the pistol (only 300 rounds through it so far though). It feels very tightly sprung to me, which is puzzling given how chunky the slide is. If you need a striker-fired pistol it's worth considering. JMCK makes holsters for it and Trijicon makes HD sights for it.

Feedback Score
    It is a slightly above average modern Gen striker fired pistol awash in a sea of classic, intermediate, and modern striker fired pistols. They had a few decades to get it together -
    And should have realized the only thing that would make another contender in the striker fired octagon stand out would be mag compatibility with an existing platform and ergonomics and trigger and accuracy that stood hard and shoulders above the competition.

They did not do this.

They came out with a gun guaranteeing little interest Ed in the US market, with expected low popularity, little aftermarket, little reliable or inexpensive or long term factory after market, and fire sale pricing at some point.

Think-
    Cougar, 90-Two, 9000s, and PX4.
    And also a few shotgun models.
    And a pistol caliber Carbine model.
    And a Carbine That never made it to market under the Beretta name.
    Plus a Carbine That also met fire sale fate.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    It is a slightly above average modern Gen striker fired pistol awash in a sea of classic, intermediate, and modern striker fired pistols. They had a few decades to get it together -
    And should have realized the only thing that would make another contender in the striker fired octagon stand out would be mag compatibility with an existing platform and ergonomics and trigger and accuracy that stood hard and shoulders above the competition.

They did not do this.

They came out with a gun guaranteeing little interest Ed in the US market, with expected low popularity, little aftermarket, little reliable or inexpensive or long term factory after market, and fire sale pricing at some point.

Think-
    Cougar, 90-Two, 9000s, and PX4.
    And also a few shotgun models.
    And a pistol caliber Carbine model.
    And a Carbine That never made it to market under the Beretta name.
    Plus a Carbine That also met fire sale fate.
    It's an excellent gun, but yes your right.

It forces my hand into a position, but it feels right. The slide and gun are bulky like a PX4. I dont know why, either. The trigger face is a bit wide, and I could really feel the blade, I didn't care for that. The trigger is nicely crisp, but a little heavier than most. (7lbs?) Reset was strong, short, crisp.

It's a duty gun for a duty holster with a quality not-too-light dept.-style trigger weight. Reliable and accurate.

The takedown pin (on the RH side) kept burning my trigger finger tip when placed above the trigger. I usually put my finger up the ejection port nowadays.

I dont own an APX I've just put a couple hundred rounds through one.

Feedback Score
    I bought the regular model on day of release and also have a compact. It is not a bad gun. It is an above average striker fired gun with below average expected factory support and aftermarket.

Objectively, there are no significant advantages - but a lot of cons.

There are already Autozones, Advance Auto, NAPA, PEP boys, and O’Reillys car parts stores in town.
    If you are going to open a Beretta car parts store in town, with nothing to distinguish it from the others and without the best parts and the best prices, why bother?

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    That's what I am thinking

I have not heard anything bad at all, but nothing that makes it stand out from welll established options like Glock/ M&P/VP9/PPQ and others. Lots of solid options for poly 9mm guns

Kinda like the FN509.. solid guns just not catching on

The price might convince me to grab one though
    The FN pistols also came to my mind.

IMO, it's lack of marketing and getting test pistols into the right hands.

Feedback Score
    I have handled and shot a Beretta APX and was very impressed with it. That said, I was already invested in the M&P platform and decided to buy the equally good M&P 2.0 compact.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    A buddy is looking at a Beretta APX, that price is pretty hard to beat.

Anyone know what holsters availability is like?
    Last edited by titsonritz; 01-07-20 at 22:54.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    A buddy is looking at a Beretta APX, that price is pretty hard to beat.

Anyone know what holsters availability is like?
    JM Custom Kydex makes holsters for them. I haven't ordered one for my APX yet, but the two holsters for Glocks I have from there are excellent. Dale Fricke also makes holsters for the APX.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast