Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Feedback Score
    I had a couple of them a couple years ago. I liked the smaller grip circumference option. Did a high volume class at Double Tap with good results. Not overjoyed with the trigger reset speed or the large bulky serrated slide. Accuracy seemed average. The major selling point for me was that my wife could adequately reach the trigger. I traded them off towards something else new and shiny.

I got 2 APX holsters from Dale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    I had a couple of them a couple years ago. I liked the smaller grip circumference option. Did a high volume class at Double Tap with good results. Not overjoyed with the trigger reset speed or the large bulky serrated slide. Accuracy seemed average. The major selling point for me was that my wife could adequately reach the trigger. I traded them off towards something else new and shiny.

I got 2 APX holsters from Dale.
    Thanks for that info.

I frequently take new shooters (nurses) with small hands. They all love my VP9SK until they see the price.

I picked up a compact for $329 based on what you said, as 99% hated the G19 sized grip for to width.

Hopefully it will not suck.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I liked mine, has the Beretta 6 o’clock hold though, which takes a bit to get used to.

Feedback Score
    I bought a 2 of them at $250 each brand new. a 40 and 9mm. They are seriously under rated pistols. Very accurate and has a nice trigger. Been putting the rounds thru them pretty good. No problems yet. Had to find holsters and that is my only complaint about them.

Feedback Score
    Mine came in today (compact model). I put 150 rounds of Geko 115g, 100 rounds of AE 147g and 50 rounds of HST 147g through it.

I'm impressed. It had zero malfunctions. The trigger is nice, I'd even say great for a duty/carry pistol. The felt recoil was very mild, and shooting side by side with my M&P 2.0 4" compact, the impulse was very similar.

The size is amazing for my hands. The large backstrap = awesome feel. The checkering is aggressive enough to allow fast shooting without the gun jumping around in your grip, .

The only negative for me so far was the sights. I blacked out the rear before shooting it though, and plan on installing night sights.

I'm really excited to get a Centurion frame for it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cool.

I have a Centurion APX as well. At first, my aim was off because of the larger front dot. But after I put electrical tape over the rear dots, the gun shot very accurate.

I now have Ameriglo sights on the APX, and the gun is VERY accurate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Cool.

I have a Centurion APX as well. At first, my aim was off because of the larger front dot. But after I put electrical tape over the rear dots, the gun shot very accurate.

I now have Ameriglo sights on the APX, and the gun is VERY accurate.
    Did you do the sight swap yourself, or have someone do it? I've heard that they are difficult to install aftermarket sights on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    Did you do the sight swap yourself, or have someone do it? I've heard that they are difficult to install aftermarket sights on.

I sent my slide to Beretta. Ya gotta call them and ask for that service. They then set something up in their computer...

I had heard that Beretta was installing them for people for free. Unfortunately, you have to buy the sights from Beretta USA - then mail your slide and the sights BACK to Beretta. I was told that they may or may not charge me by the phone rep. He stated that IF they DID charge me, they would call me and ask for a credit card #. But, I got the slide back and there was no charge.

It's been almost a year (so, I cannot remember for sure) - but, I think they had it about 4 weeks.

Realize that they are backed up at Beretta USA right now. They have been totally shut down. And this past week, they claim their service dept is now open 3 days a week. And, they are accepting stuff again. But due to the backup, I would imagine it would take at least 2x as long.

Feedback Score
    I sent my slide to Beretta. Ya gotta call them and ask for that service. They then set something up in their computer...

I had heard that Beretta was installing them for people for free. Unfortunately, you have to buy the sights from Beretta USA - then mail your slide and the sights BACK to Beretta. I was told that they may or may not charge me by the phone rep. He stated that IF they DID charge me, they would call me and ask for a credit card #. But, I got the slide back and there was no charge.

It's been almost a year (so, I cannot remember for sure) - but, I think they had it about 4 weeks.

Realize that they are backed up at Beretta USA right now. They have been totally shut down. And this past week, they claim their service dept is now open 3 days a week. And, they are accepting stuff again. But due to the backup, I would imagine it would take at least 2x as long.
    OK, thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Very accurate and has a nice trigger.
    and the gun is VERY accurate.
    This is very interesting. I bought a 9mm compact and installed a centurion frame. The pistol is 100% reliable, feels good, I like the sights and appears to be very well made. Unfortunately, the trigger on mine is bad and the accuracy is horrible. It's like it's shooting knuckleballs. Reliability is obviously most important for a carry gun, but I wouldn't carry it simply because of how inaccurate mine is. It's also a little wide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast