Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spare parts for piston upper?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    But it is a good option.
    Now now, guys. I actually have several DI guns in addition to my 516s. I enjoy all of them. But when SHTF I'm grabbing my 14.5 Sig 516. The 516 is built like a tank and is extremely heavy duty in every way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    You know, for the price Sig is charging for this apparent overrun of 14.5 uppers (they come with full auto BCGs) from a military contract, buying another one as a spare is not a crazy idea.
    Yeah that's the one. For $499 I couldn't pass it up.

Any idea who these were made for?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Now now, guys. I actually have several DI guns in addition to my 516s. I enjoy all of them. But when SHTF I'm grabbing my 14.5 Sig 516. The 516 is built like a tank and is extremely heavy duty in every way.
    My point is, you can grab a direct gas upper for very little money and simply install it on your lower if something breaks. You'll have your rifle back up and running quickly and simply. An AR upper is an AR upper regardless of gas system.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    This thread got me looking and I snagged one of those 14.5" 516 uppers. Was thinking it'd be a nice backup for cannibalizing but I know how that always ends up (i.e. morphed into another gun!).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Like I said I wasn't looking but at that price to have a gas piston upper I couldn't pass it up and like you somehow it's found a new lower to attach itself to.
    They multiply like rabbits.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    This thread got me looking and I snagged one of those 14.5" 516 uppers. Was thinking it'd be a nice backup for cannibalizing but I know how that always ends up (i.e. morphed into another gun!).
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Like I said I wasn't looking but at that price to have a gas piston upper I couldn't pass it up and like you somehow it's found a new lower to attach itself to.
    They multiply like rabbits.

I'd never had any interest in the 516, but for that price I picked up one of these uppers, seemed like a good idea at the time. I now have two. One is getting chopped to 11.5" right now, the other I'm going to leave at 14.5". And somehow I ended up with an LMT MARS lower thats patiently waiting for it's Form 1 to come back with the stamp as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12