G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare parts for piston upper?

Feedback Score

Spare parts for piston upper?

I just bought a Sig516 upper on a whim, I have a few DI guns but this is my first piston gun.

I usually keep parts like gas tubes on hand. Is there anything I should have extras of for this upper?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I just bought a Sig516 upper on a whim, I have a few DI guns but this is my first piston gun.

I usually keep parts like gas tubes on hand. Is there anything I should have extras of for this upper?

Of course the 516 doesn't have a gas tube, so no need to worry about that. I own several 516s. As far as "piston unique" parts go, I do have a couple of extra piston pushrod assemblies, and an extra gas valve. Only other really unique part to have on hand might be an extra bolt carrier group. Numrich is a good source for 516 parts. I will add that although I have been collecting some extra parts for my 516s, I have not needed any of them yet. So far, 100% perfect function and reliability, along with very good accuracy.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I'll check them out.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Spare parts are good regardless of what you run.
    E pluribus unum

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Spare parts for piston upper?

Yeah, I have a spare carrier I got cheap, as well as a few gas valves and an op rod.
    CDNN had some parts, as well as Numrich and optics planet.

Feedback Score
    I would think the biggest item(s) to have is an extra piston assembly, i.e. piston, rod, spring, etc. The BCG will be a keyless one and even regular carriers rarely break. Most bolts (to include the 516) are basically AR ones, with or without the gas rings.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A DI upper? (sorry, couldn't help it)
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Sedition, a Free Press and Personal Rule, The Kansas City Star, May 1918

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    A DI upper? (sorry, couldn't help it)
    But it is a good option.
    INSIDE PLAN OF BOX
    1. ROAD-RUNNER LIFTS GLASS OF WATER- PULLING UP MATCH
    2. MATCH SCRATCHES ON MATCH-BOX
    3. MATCH LIGHTS FUSE TO TNT
    4. BOOM!
    5. HA-HA!!

-WILE E. COYOTE, AUTHOR OF "EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO KNOW IN LIFE, I LEARNED FROM GOLDBERG & MURPHY"

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post

A spare upper
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    You know, for the price Sig is charging for this apparent overrun of 14.5 uppers (they come with full auto BCGs) from a military contract, buying another one as a spare is not a crazy idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast