G&R Tactical
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Need a quality 7.62 nato upper for PSA Gen II lower.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wappinger, NY
    Posts
    1,191
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    Need a quality 7.62 nato upper for PSA Gen II lower.

    I need a quality upper. PSA is out of stock for months. I prefer 18 chrome lined or nitrided bore.
    Standard profile, with a decent rail. Also need a BCG and standard charging handle. Prefer to buy as a package. I have searched with no luck. Anyone have any vendors that may have it in stock.
    The purpose of the rifle is a plinker, but must be able to pressed into service if needed. Id like to
    spend about $800 or less,if it could be done.
    Thx Steve
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,448
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Did you check Aero Precision?
    Their uppers are reasonable and work well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Posts
    210
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Did you check Aero Precision?
    Their uppers are reasonable and work well.
    Do they work with the PSA lower?

    I gave up on PSA getting a nitride upper back into stock. I went with the Gen3 stainless. You can always buy a different barrel. Here is a link to my Gen2 lower after less than 100rds. https://www.akfiles.com/forums/showt...85#post5413285 the G3 has no marks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I need a quality upper. PSA is out of stock for months. I prefer 18” chrome lined or nitrided bore.
    Standard profile, with a decent rail. Also need a BCG and standard charging handle. Prefer to buy as a package. I have searched with no luck. Anyone have any vendors that may have it in stock.
    The purpose of the rifle is a plinker, but must be able to pressed into service if needed. I’d like to
    spend about $800 or less,if it could be done.
    Thx Steve
    Wanted to check in to see how well your search has gone. Youtube has a guy with a few clips, think its called "Palmetto pa10 lower compatibility " ... In the same boat myself,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,448
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    If the PSA lower is DPMS pattern the Aero upper should work.

    Compatibility has been the bane of “AR10” assemblers.
    There are several different patterns, some proprietary.
    The obvious, best bet is using upper/lower from same manufacturer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    If the PSA lower is DPMS pattern the Aero upper should work.

    Compatibility has been the bane of “AR10” assemblers.
    There are several different patterns, some proprietary.
    The obvious, best bet is using upper/lower from same manufacturer.
    Tried Areo , was a no go......IF I remember correctly , DPMS have a high and low profile, Psa is base on DPMS low, and Aero is based on DPMS high....Might have it mixed up , but either way the Aero didn't work, BUT a DPMS oracle upper did work. The whole DPMS high vs low profile just had me beyond frustrated. Just when I thought I had it figured out

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,448
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    You are absolutely correct. I’d forgotten that “ Lo/high” pattern nonsense.
    But the point remains the same; too damned many “patterns”.
    Makes it an exercise in frustration; UNLESS you use same manufacturer upper/lower/parts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I’d forgotten that “ Lo/high” pattern nonsense.
    But the point remains the same; too damned many “patterns”.
    Makes it an exercise in frustration; UNLESS you use same manufacturer upper/lower/parts.
    Youre right.....I learned that when I couldn't get a PSA upper, finally got one and its flawless, still keeping my eyes open for a 20" , but like we both said, better off sticking with one manufacturer......the search drove me nuts. I was use to the FAL platform and have always been a FAL girl so thought 10s would be fun to build....WRONG, haha

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,448
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    No joke.
    To date, it’s not anything like assembling an AR15 in terms of commonality/interchangeability of components.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Posts
    210
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would go PSA and swap out the stainless barrel in the future. That is what I am doing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •