Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a quality 7.62 nato upper for PSA Gen II lower.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I would go PSA and swap out the stainless barrel in the future. That is what I am doing.
    That's what I ended up doing for the 18" once they told me they had no idea when they would get anymore nitride in stock , said they would eventually but they are not in the making now.. But saw a co worker that had his bead blasted and coated, and looked really good. So now im playing with that idea after I research a little more on the barrel material pros and cons

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PenderMedic View Post
    That's what I ended up doing for the 18" once they told me they had no idea when they would get anymore nitride in stock , said they would eventually but they are not in the making now.. But saw a co worker that had his bead blasted and coated, and looked really good. So now im playing with that idea after I research a little more on the barrel material pros and cons
    Black grill paint is a good idea.............. maybe exhaust header paint?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    PSA was using MidWest Industries rails on a lot of their stuff. M.I. is GTG.
    If that's the case with your 7.62 gun why do you feel it necessary to use a PSA barrel? Any "AR10" barrel should work- and would probably be the case with some other rail/barrel nut.
    If you have someone knowledgeable locally I'd have them take a look at what you have and give you some insight as to what your options are.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    [i]Almost[i] any AR-10 barrel will work. Just make sure it is DPMS/SR-25 pattern.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    https://www.ar15part.com/308-Upper-R...pa10308sur.htm

Buy that, a toolcraft BCG, a Criterion chrome lined barrel, and the handguard of your choice and youll be right around your $800 mark. I have a 16" mid length Criterion chrome l8jed and it shoots pretty good.
    Last edited by Merle; 12-12-19 at 14:18.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12