Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I want to become a good shooter

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You will get better with all guns when you improve with one, because much of what you learn on grip, recoil Mgt, sight alignment .....will cross pollenate. You will probably be better with your goto gun, but your Glock will pace along.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    If you can't shoot and move, or shoot moving, strong hand, weak hand, you are just punching holes in paper. That is the way EARLY LEO Firearms training was.
    You have to crawl before you stand and walk. Having an area where you can MOVE and SHOOT is very beneficial.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twohassez View Post
    ...I have done a fair amount of shooting in a bullseye league as well and that has advantages too but with more limitations on many fundamentals such as indoor ranges forbidding draw from holster, movement while shooting, magazine changes and the like. Never got into any of the run-and-gun competitions either because I see more tactical issues than advantages, and probably more potential legal issues with habits ingrained while trying to race against a clock with loaded firearms.
    Uh...

Do you not see the contradiction here?

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    OP, go with the M&P. If it's easier for you, take the advantage.

Standardize pistols, parts, and mags. Buy ammo and classes.

Practice what you learn.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Train with someone good and low frills like Earnest Langdon. I also recommend getting something like a DA/SA and learn how to shoot with that. The best thing I ever did to build my skills, other than train, was to shoot an HK LEM (std, not light). The trigger pretty bad, and difficult to stage or predict. It trained me To just focus on pressing the trigger consistently and focus on the front sight. After I learned that I found other guns to be no problem. The DA/SA is similar. Get a Beretta 92 or something that other shooters will claim is hard, or not ergonomic. DO NOT get a Glock and put an apex trigger in it or buy a 1911 with a 3 pound trigger. That is a recipe for shooting poorly, IMHO. Also, get some steel plates and a timer.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If that was tongue-in-cheek, okay.

Otherwise - when was the last time you went to the doctor, because some of your posts lately........
    'Vibe's tongue is firmly in cheek, providing needed counter pressure to the cheek weld of an M16A2 clone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Monogamy and putting in work.

Best advice I can give

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234