G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Johnny's Reloading Bench temperature sensitivity testing

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    550
    Feedback Score
    0
    I did mine years ago. Couldn’t imagine running it in factory configuration. A friend of mine used mine and then bought one. He thought his was broken when compared to a programmed unit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    309
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    When I single state load, I charge and seat a bullet at the same time so the wait isn’t bad with a chargemaster but the drift and over throws bug me. I can start a session and it will be spot on. By the end there will be so much drift I’m certain I’ll float out of the node.
    Wipe the chargemaster down with an anti-static dryer sheet. I was having problems with it starting spot on and then drifting/overcharging. Called RCBS customer service. That's their recommendation.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    1,842
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Mark,

    Try this setup. I rarely ever have overthrows, maybe one in 500 rounds.

    I use these settings and the straw on mine.


    Credit to -Primal Rights-
    [I]1. Turn the unit on.
    2. When 0.0gn is on the display, press BOTH the ENTER and the EDIT MEM keys...

    Is the ChargeMaster Lite programmable the same way?

    (I don't have one, but I'm looking at the manual, and it doesn't mention programming.)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,957
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Is the ChargeMaster Lite programmable the same way?

    (I don't have one, but I'm looking at the manual, and it doesn't mention programming.)
    No clue. I don't own one either.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    550
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    Wipe the chargemaster down with an anti-static dryer sheet. I was having problems with it starting spot on and then drifting/overcharging. Called RCBS customer service. That's their recommendation.
    I do that periodically. RCBS told me try it back when I first got it ten years ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    139
    Feedback Score
    0
    On the Chargemaster,, make sure you use the plastic cover when despensing and weighing. Those load cells are very sensitive and even a slight breeze (that you cannot feel) or your breathing can affect it.
    Seen way too many vids about people complaining about the drift and they are not using the cover.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    26,117
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    On the Chargemaster,, make sure you use the plastic cover when despensing and weighing. Those load cells are very sensitive and even a slight breeze (that you cannot feel) or your breathing can affect it.
    Seen way too many vids about people complaining about the drift and they are not using the cover.
    You should see the scale that comes with the Auto trickler deal. Makes the chargemaster scale look like kids' stuff.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •