Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johnny's Reloading Bench temperature sensitivity testing

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I can't even find a price for it... I bet it's way more than $200, right? (That's what a Chargemaster Lite costs.)
    Yeah Bimmer. We have one that I have set up but need to call for help on the trickler over-shooting the charge. The scale is absolutely amazing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    RCBS has a new version coming out called the Matchmaster...
    Yeah, I saw that... Too rich for my blood.

For decades I've been happy enough with my Dillon balance-beam scale and powder measure, but now that I'm doing more load development, constantly twisting the powder measure and manually weighing charges just feels like a PITA.

Feedback Score
    The powders I use stink in powder throwers and I’m to the point where I’m too busy to do it the old fashion way. My buddies all use the fancy throwers but I have the ole chargemaster that I wait on all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The powders I use stink in powder throwers and I’m to the point where I’m too busy to do it the old fashion way. My buddies all use the fancy throwers but I have the ole chargemaster that I wait on all day.

Here's a dirty little secret that will cause some to wail and gnash teeth. The Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper actually kicks some ass and is cheap. Just don't use the plastic cover and it is quite fast and consistent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I set up other tasks to do whilest I wait on the chargemaster. It's a nice tool for poor metering powders, but it's exhausting at times.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    For me loading on the progressive there’s not much time for anything by the time I set a bullet and run the ram. But there’s enough time that I sit and wait.

When I single state load, I charge and seat a bullet at the same time so the wait isn’t bad with a chargemaster but the drift and over throws bug me. I can start a session and it will be spot on. By the end there will be so much drift I’m certain I’ll float out of the node.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've not seen too much drift on my chargmaster. However, the overthrows drive me effing nuts. I have the MacDonalds straw in there which helps, but it's still annoying.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Johnny's Reloading Bench temperature sensitivity testing

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've not seen too much drift on my chargmaster. However, the overthrows drive me effing nuts. I have the MacDonalds straw in there which helps, but it's still annoying.
    Mark,

Try this setup. I rarely ever have overthrows, maybe one in 500 rounds.

I use these settings and the straw on mine.

Credit to -Primal Rights-
    1. Turn the unit on.
    2. When 0.0gn is on the display, press BOTH the ENTER and the EDIT MEM keys on the dispenser at the same time. Hold for a second and then release. If done properly ADJUST PARAMETER should scroll across the display followed by HSP 00015.68

At this point you are in the programming menu. The first 3 settings are the ones you need to concern yourself with. HSP settings are basically different speeds for different stages of the powder throw. The setting changes the amount of grains under your desired charge weight where the unit will switch speeds.

HSP A1 - This is the first stage, wide open.
    HSP B1 - This is medium speed.
    HSP C1 - This is the last stage, slow trickle.

To change the setting, just use the number pad and type in the new setting. If you wanted to change the first setting to 7.00, you would type in 700. When you have the variable set, simply press ENTER to move to the next setting. You'll have to press enter a number of times (20+) to get through the rest of the settings, and then the unit will reboot itself.

Here are my settings:
    HSP A1 - 9.00
    HSP B1 - 2.00
    HSP C1 - 1.00
    (Above are my settings that work great.)

So, it will run wide open until 9grns under my desired charge, then go at medium speed until 2gr under, then it will stop for a slow trickle at 1gr under.

Changing this cut my charge time in half. Getting two of them up side by side has reduced that by an additional 1/3. One running on default settings would dump one 44.5gr charge of varget every 20-35 seconds. Reprogramming cut that down to about 10-15 seconds. While running two reprogrammed units, I don't wait for much of anything now.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 11-09-19 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've resisted messing with this. But I may go ahead an give it a try Sunday. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It is WELL worth it......Night and day difference for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast