Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate (Review)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nobody is doubting Kristanna Loken who was the only reason to watch T3 aside from the M1919 and the epic The Day After style ending.

I mean she looks like on of them Super Aryan Nazi Girls from Wolfenstein with gold Lugers or like she could have been an Amazon Warrior like Red Sonja who pisses on men to assert dominance.

I mean I cannot fault the actresses. They are all tall and I would totally knock the books out of their hand at school to let them know I liked them.

But the writing of these movies was TERRIBLE. Seriously the Dark Horse comics were better.

I still like Salvation and Moon Bloodgood was likewise not bad. Like she was some kinda oriental but also 6 foot tall

And she bombed robots with an A-10. I mean again they have these quality actresses but the writing is bad.

I still maintain Anton Yelchin was a good Reese and Chekhov. You cannot convince me otherwise.

It also angers me that these movies have pretty diverse actresses who are 6 foot or better and all I ever come across in the world are pissants.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I still like Salvation and Moon Bloodgood was likewise not bad. Like she was some kinda oriental but also 6 foot tall
    She's half Korean.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Salvation was probably as close as we could come to that. To me, that movie had the potential to be extremely kick ass and I loved the fact they were using A-10s to tear the Machines a new a-hole. I thought Sam Worthington made an acceptable "Terminator," but wasn't buying Anton Yelchin as a young(er) Kyle Reese. Christian Bale was... plausible as a John Connor.

There really was an entire trilogy they could have made off that without introducing a "Terminator" into the mix. Just the War Against the Machines and John Connor's rise to lead the resistance rather than playing with the time travel aspect.

ETA: Moon Bloodgood certainly catches the attention for "kick ass females in the Terminator franchise."
    I think that was the original intent with "Salvation" - a new spinoff series. As soon as they chose McG and neutered it to PG-13 I knew that wasn't going to happen. It didn't bomb at the box office, but it wasn't a huge hit, either...again, McG and PG-13. Moon Bloodgood...good LAWD. Also a fan.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I enjoyed it primarily because it brings back great memories of my dad who loved all things Arnold on the big screen and because my good friend was a co-writer on T1 and T2 and I love to remind him that they need to bring him back on board to save things. Beyond that, I found it pretty meh and think Jim Cameron through a hand grenade on the franchise and killed it.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Nobody is doubting Kristanna Loken who was the only reason to watch T3 aside from the M1919 and the epic The Day After style ending.

I mean she looks like on of them Super Aryan Nazi Girls from Wolfenstein with gold Lugers or like she could have been an Amazon Warrior like Red Sonja who pisses on men to assert dominance.

I mean I cannot fault the actresses. They are all tall and I would totally knock the books out of their hand at school to let them know I liked them.

But the writing of these movies was TERRIBLE. Seriously the Dark Horse comics were better.

And she bombed robots with an A-10. I mean again they have these quality actresses but the writing is bad.

I still maintain Anton Yelchin was a good Reese and Chekhov. You cannot convince me otherwise.

It also angers me that these movies have pretty diverse actresses who are 6 foot or better and all I ever come across in the world are pissants.
    Loken went AWOL and joined the sex cult NXIVM. Just so you know.

Feedback Score
    Salvation definitely had potential but the PG13 rating-trying-to-get-more-butts-in-seats ploy just didn’t work for me. I wanted the machine war to be much more brutal, more bloody. One of the fantasy “Terminator” books that was written should have been made into a movie IMO. Can’t remember the title, but it was decent. There needs to be another “future war” Terminator movie made.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Loken went AWOL and joined the sex cult NXIVM. Just so you know.
    Are they accepting new applications?

Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Are they accepting new applications?

Probably, but from what I read, she has had a couple of kids and is probably all worn out from being run through so many times.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m sorry what was that about her feet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234