Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate (Review)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    The Terminator was a ground breaking film with a fresh idea and a new twist on robots, time travel, and the apocalypse. With a fantastically stretched budget. Casting was laser accurate. 1980s Arnold as the deadly, emotionless, nigh unstoppable robot. A young, clueless, in over her head young woman just scraping by. Instead of some cover/fitness model hero we had a guy really pulling of the mind scarred, barely surviving future soldier.
    You know they wanted to cast Arnold as Kyle so they tried to screw it up, after reading the script he decided he was a better fit as the Terminator. Of course that might have had to do with the fact that Kyle gets killed off, Arnold had good business sense about things like that.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    The Terminator was a ground breaking film with a fresh idea and a new twist on robots, time travel, and the apocalypse. With a fantastically stretched budget. Casting was laser accurate. 1980s Arnold as the deadly, emotionless, nigh unstoppable robot. A young, clueless, in over her head young woman just scraping by. Instead of some cover/fitness model hero we had a guy really pulling of the mind scarred, barely surviving future soldier.

T2 was fantastic in its own right. Young John was a poor choice and a barely tolerable character. After Hamilton had nailed Sarah in the first movie, I was in awe of her acting ability as she transformed into a chainsmoking, survivalist, psych case. It was well done, and as cool as the effects were I was dismayed they broke the law of that universe, sending back tech not covered in living flesh.

I was OK with T3. The casting seemed even more off. The antagonist was interesting, it had a decent twist.

And I have found it to be just worsening since.

I have come to realize Hamilton was not a very good actress. She literally was clueless and in over her head in the first movie, and literally was a chain smoking psyc case by the second.

I have similar thoughts about the Alien franchise, Predator franchise, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, etc.

The only reboot I want to see opens with Space Force, a new service, with its own new Tier One assault force, arrive in really cool new space marine type exosuits on a deserted island to test their new equipment. Things are going perfectly. The space force unit is very woke. It is commanded by Colonel Jenny Matrix. Then they find some weird alien vault and a swarm of Aliens come out and start hatching and doing their alien stuff. Things should have been fine, but their prototype suits have issues and they whole unit is in dire straights and going to be massacred.

In this movie universe Dutch and Matrix are the same guy, the Terminator flesh shell was based off of him. They also have a powered down captured Terminator. They have also decoded part of the functions of captured Predator ship remnants. Dutch, the Terminator powered back up and programmed to kill aliens, a pair of predators that show up when they activate the help me kill some aliens distress call they decoded, a prototype one shot combat model synthetic human, a similar replicant, and the shamed, guilty designer of the exosuits now wearing a different model that makes him look suspiciously like Robocop, are rapidly assembled as the best Hail Mary team to rescue the space force guys and eradicate the aliens before they get off the island and cause the extinction of mankind.

If Jean Claude and Dolph can get added in as universal soldiers I am cool with that.

Things are looking good, they have won, the rescue a success and hordes of dead aliens surround them. Then, after the thrill of victory, and everyone incapacitated or dead, they note a couple aliens have escaped, they can’t get to them, and all is lost. They see a boat off the coast and make contact.

Murtaugh and Riggs, who have somehow met McClane, have chartered a fishing trip. A loner who has left land for life as a solo captain, also old, is always mumbling shit like “they drew first blood” and “you gotta become war”, and keeps trying to get them to blowfish. And has a weird massive fillet knife. They are nearby on a boat on a fishing trip. Despite all four totally being too old for this shit, they get in on it and intercept the aliens swimming away. An M60, bow with explosive arrows, big knife, model 19, and couple of Berettas are employed and they succeed.

The woke space force unit is perfectly woke and selection based on fairness, equality, quotas, etc. selection is based on whether you identify as a tier one operator and if there is a slot. All training is training, not a course you have to pass.

With their failure based on that, plus the shitty malfunctions based on a similar woke R&D and production of their suits,

The movies then becomes a brutal kill fest of no social or redeeming value without an ounce progressive bull shit.
    Wow, I was just about to write exactly the same thing! You beat me to it.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I liked it....

Don't care ...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty good. I liked that they ignored all of the stuff after T2. The Mexico scene was pretty good with the computer enhancements (where John gets shot). Took me back to high school sorta. I agree that the acting by Hamilton was pretty bad. However the fact that she was in it was the only reason I went to see it. I feel that most movies these days are just going for the over the top action stuff with no real original ideas, and this one was the same. In the future scenes when the leader was repetitively referred to as "commander" was to obvious that they were trying to stay gender neutral.

Overall a run of the mill action flick. Again if it was anything other than a real part three, I would have waited for it to come out on tv
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapper36 View Post
    Saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty good. I liked that they ignored all of the stuff after T2. The Mexico scene was pretty good with the computer enhancements (where John gets shot). Took me back to high school sorta. I agree that the acting by Hamilton was pretty bad. However the fact that she was in it was the only reason I went to see it. I feel that most movies these days are just going for the over the top action stuff with no real original ideas, and this one was the same. In the future scenes when the leader was repetitively referred to as "commander" was to obvious that they were trying to stay gender neutral.

Overall a run of the mill action flick. Again if it was anything other than a real part three, I would have waited for it to come out on tv
    I agree, not bad and the MX scene was pretty cool honestly. I remember babysitting the neighbors kids and firing up his laserdisc to watch T2.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Spoiler Alert:

If nothing else, this movie shows that 3 badass, independent, don't need no man, warrior women, STILL need a man (Arnold) to save the day.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I had never seen the site.

Drenched with humor, covered in jokes, and delivered with sarcasm and a side of profanity-
    A meal of truth has been placed on the table.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I agree, not bad and the MX scene was pretty cool honestly. I remember babysitting the neighbors kids and firing up his laserdisc to watch T2.
    I remember when T2 hit the store shelves, on VHS it was around $100. That still seems incredible. I forget what movies cost back then, I just remember that owning real copies of movies wasnt all that common.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I actually watched this on HooLoo last night and as a Terminator movie it sucks chode.

But as a basic movie it was entertaining. I have a total crush on Mackenzie Davis. A Six foot tall Amazon? Oh YES.

It didn’t really strike me as SJW. Just same crap different movie. The Arnie jokes were kinda lame. Seeing Sarah Connor be a bitchy mean old lady was actually kinda fun. The little Mexican girl looked like some chick they found at a local Mexican Restaurant in a good and bad way.

Killing off John Connor was a dick move. Making a T-800 who should have been realistically the same as the 1984 into a family man was dumb. Why not make it like they track down Human Arnie to have him help fight? That would’ve been more interesting. We ALL know T-800 is based of Dutch Schafer AKA John Matrix. Shit even give Alyssa Milano and Rae Dawn Chong cameo parts as wife and kid as a little subtle “we know you know”

The Rev 9 looks like every Hispanic GI ever which was actually sorta clever.

I feel like if they changed a few things around or didn’t call it a terminator movie that it would have done a lot better.

I wouldn’t pay to watch it but it’s a’ight. I got to see Mackenzie Davis nekkid.

And I liked her character. She wasn’t butch. She was fairly feminine and kinda uncertain about stuff. She wasn’t bitchy. Like I wanted to give her a hug and rub her feet.

The Mexican girl can go bend a taco though.

Sarah Connor was bitchy but she was old so she is allowed.

It ended with T2 for me but I got to see Mackenzie Davis nekkid so it gets a C-

Feedback Score
    Sarah Connor 1984 vs Sarah Connor 2019. Aging is inevitable but it really sucks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast