Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate (Review)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I actually watched this on HooLoo last night and as a Terminator movie it sucks chode.

But as a basic movie it was entertaining. I have a total crush on Mackenzie Davis. A Six foot tall Amazon? Oh YES.

It didn’t really strike me as SJW. Just same crap different movie. The Arnie jokes were kinda lame. Seeing Sarah Connor be a bitchy mean old lady was actually kinda fun. The little Mexican girl looked like some chick they found at a local Mexican Restaurant in a good and bad way.

I wouldn’t pay to watch it but it’s a’ight. I got to see Mackenzie Davis nekkid.

And I liked her character. She wasn’t butch. She was fairly feminine and kinda uncertain about stuff. She wasn’t bitchy. Like I wanted to give her a hug and rub her feet.

It ended with T2 for me but I got to see Mackenzie Davis nekkid so it gets a C-

Seriously, Mackenzie Davis. I've had a giant crush on her since "Halt and Catch Fire".

I'm probably in the minority, but I generally like "Salvation" because it was post-apocalypse. But why can't they just give us what every Terminator fan has ever wanted, which is a movie that takes place mostly in the future we were teased in 1 and 2? Yeah, I want to watch the actual creation of Skynet and the time machine thing, and the Resistance battling its way in, a la "Rogue One" (Genisys does not even come close to counting).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Seriously, Mackenzie Davis. I've had a giant crush on her since "Halt and Catch Fire".

I'm probably in the minority, but I generally like "Salvation" because it was post-apocalypse. But why can't they just give us what every Terminator fan has ever wanted, which is a movie that takes place mostly in the future we were teased in 1 and 2? Yeah, I want to watch the actual creation of Skynet and the time machine thing, and the Resistance battling its way in, a la "Rogue One" (Genisys does not even come close to counting).
    I’m one of these dungeon dwelling trolls who like Salvation too. It’s like the Day of the Dead of the Terminator series. Not as original as the first nor as epic as the second but a nice, gritty entry that is profane and bitter.

If I were going to show the Terminator series to someone who knew absolutely nothing about it. I would show them T1 then Salvation then T2. And that’s all the Terminator worth watching and it even still keeps the vibe. My only gripe is that Christian Bale was sorta miscast. The heart transplant was kinda dumb. But everything else was awesome. The scenery looked bleak. The weapons were more believable (I guess lazers hadn’t been made yet) the T-600s looked like something from a Simon Bisley drawing and Anton Yelchin (PBUH) actually looked and kinda sounded like Michael Biehn.

It was like a Dark Horse comic come to life.

T3 had an interesting ending but was ultimately the gayest Terminator ever made with Genisys a close second.

Dark Fate wasn’t great but it didn’t make me want to kick puppies at a cancer kid’s birthday party like Genisys

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Pretty much sums it up for me too... Movie ok, Mac Davis, good.

But Fly, IMNHO, the Amazon by which all Amazon’s are to be measured is Gal Gadot... For the love of all things Amazon, Gal Gadot...

But as a basic movie it was entertaining. I have a total crush on Mackenzie Davis. A Six foot tall Amazon? Oh YES.

It ended with T2 for me but I got to see Mackenzie Davis nekkid so it gets a C-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On paper, I should like Gal Gadot

I mean...

Brunette, Tall, OG-107s, probably shot some haji somewhere, rich...

But Mackenzie Davis just looks like someone I could whine to about my problems at 0300 drunk as shit off Stoli and she wouldn’t judge or try to fix it; just listen and let me get it out of my system.

Like she would be the one handling PTA meetings and making sure Christmas is happy and warm. Really supportive.

My time is far to sacrosanct to be bothered but she looks helpful. Like she wouldn’t bitch much at me.

Plus part of me still likes to believe she actually cares about 8-bit computers and punk rock

If we were living in Bible days I could have both. But if forced to choose I pick the one who seems more nurturing.

Now to be fair, I’m sure Gal Gadot is probably nice and nurturing. Maybe moreso but she just doesn’t hit that chord.

And this is coming from someone totally not into blondes.

I dunno man.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You will not speak I’ll of my future wife Gal like that.

I will smiff and western you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    On paper, I should like Gal Gadot

I mean...

Brunette, Tall, OG-107s, probably shot some haji somewhere, rich...

Gal looks a lot like Jennifer Connelly in that picture, another drop dead gorgeous gal.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So this is just like rambo last blood, john wick 3, and all the other drawn out too far sequels? I am just too critical now days to waste time on a movie I can't get into. Everything has to be so far over the top and unbelievable to keep this new generations attention. Sucks when I can't even get 10 mins into a movie and shut it off cause I know it will suck the rest of the way. Atleast I didn't waste movie ticket prices to walk out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I liked it..

It was entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post

Salvation was probably as close as we could come to that. To me, that movie had the potential to be extremely kick ass and I loved the fact they were using A-10s to tear the Machines a new a-hole. I thought Sam Worthington made an acceptable "Terminator," but wasn't buying Anton Yelchin as a young(er) Kyle Reese. Christian Bale was... plausible as a John Connor.

There really was an entire trilogy they could have made off that without introducing a "Terminator" into the mix. Just the War Against the Machines and John Connor's rise to lead the resistance rather than playing with the time travel aspect.

ETA: Moon Bloodgood certainly catches the attention for "kick ass females in the Terminator franchise."
    Last edited by Grand58742; 10-13-20 at 11:23.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Kristanna Loken made a smoking Terminator babe, too.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast