Thread: Colt 01991 series with factory upgrades?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Colt 01991 series with factory upgrades?

Picked up a new Colt 80 series the other day and thought it had some nicer pieces versus the previous years models? This one came with a National Match marked barrel, a nicer hammer, and a beaver tail. Anybody else have one like this, pretty neat!

colt.jpg

Feedback Score
    I had a base gun a few years back without any upgrades such as yours.

It had serious feed problems. Tried all the usual fixes, mags, ammo etc... trips to two different gun plumbers so I called Colt and they said that their turn time on warranty work was running around 6 to 9 months. So I traded it off...

Hope yours runs great!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Bought a O1991, stock several years ago.

Runs fine, zero issues with ball. Ran some FMJs (mag or two) and had no issues either, but since it's a range gun didn't do more extensive work on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That looks like one of their enhanced models. My standard 1991 .38 super auto was more standard government style. Mine ran fine out of the box but extensive testing yielded some necessary upgrades. It started reliable but I would call it extremely reliable now. The right ammo matters too.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    That looks like one of their enhanced models. My standard 1991 .38 super auto was more standard government style. Mine ran fine out of the box but extensive testing yielded some necessary upgrades. It started reliable but I would call it extremely reliable now. The right ammo matters too.
    Yeah, Colt doesn't make it easy, as they'll reuse model numbers, so O1991 may be their basic model for awhile, then they'll release a special O1991, then go back to standard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought one for myself when I retired from the Army. A couple of years ago I took it down to San Antonio and had a fine gentleman give it a hell of a bunch of upgrades.
    It's a great gun, love the work he did.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I ordered a set of VZ grips for it, will post results when I get them in!