Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 CM finally impressed me & Magnetto Speed Hit indicator T1000 pretty cool

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’m thinking the 6.5 PRC may be something I need to look into.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Good shooting fellas. Yes those target hit indicators are worth it. We have been using them (upwards of 4 per target on the ELR stuff) and you wouldn't have a clue of impacts without them. One of these days I'll need to come shoot with you guys.

Jake
    I have to bend your ear on the Auto trickler deal. That thing over throws crazy on the trickle portion of the cycle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good shooting fellas. Yes those target hit indicators are worth it. We have been using them (upwards of 4 per target on the ELR stuff) and you wouldn't have a clue of impacts without them. One of these days I'll need to come shoot with you guys.

Jake
    Any given Sunday my Brother.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I have to bend your ear on the Auto trickler deal. That thing over throws crazy on the trickle portion of the cycle.
    Give me a call. Shouldn't go over more then .04 grains when its setup. Should be in the .02 over under threshold.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have a LMT MWS in 6.5 and a Bergara in 6.5. Both guns very nice and the round has shot amazingly accurate in such a variety of loads. But shooting long distance hadn’t overly impressed me until yesterday.

I grabbed my Bergara and loaded 10 rounds of Mark’s 143 ELD’s, in my mag and said I’m going straight to 1,300 yards. Being mentally challenged I dialed in the wrong DOPE ( oh yes this scope has 12 mils in one revelation, not 10), then went 8/10 at 1,300 yards and shot a pretty tight group. It was 300WM ish, very impressed. So I guess now I’m a believer.

Also, I bought a Magnetto speed T1000 that provides a hit indicator. It’s a little deal that velcro’s to the back of a target and flashes a red light when you make a hit. I bought for our to be attempt at 1 mile. Seeing 1,300 yard hits is tuff enough, so I can only imagine spotting one milers.

Just a little chatter for the bolt gun forum trigger pullers.
    PB
    This is the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Follow up on T1000 hit indicators. We had one working well 1,000 yrds and then one not working at 1,300.

We switched them up on the targets to see if one was better than the other at different distances. The GenII have progamability which I cant figure out but the GenI just worked. The II seemed less sensitive which bothered me because we shoot 223 to 1,000 yards and I want report on that.

After we exchanged the T1000's, Mark thought maybe we are missing the light because of a bad angle of the target vs the Hide. Long story long, both indicators worked like a champ. And we believe it was the angle of the target/Indicator that made the difference.

I smacked the targets from 100 to 1,300 yards with 6.5 CM and lit up the 1,000 and 1,300 indicators.

We wanted to see how sensitive the indicators were and Mark struggled to get Black Hills OTM , Mrk262 on at 1,300. After figuring out the DOPE, he went 4 for 5 with the Rem700 5R and Black Hills. And you could see the Indicator without optics. It was a cloudy day so that may have contributed to visibility.

If you shoot out to 1,000 on the regular, these indicators are pretty cool. I really got a kick out of them today.

Merry Christmas

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    PB,

We sent back all the Gen2s and swapped them for gen 1s. Even on the same target with multiple hit indicators of each gen 1 and gen 2, we had only consistent results with the Gen 1s. Not sure what the deal was with the 2s. Even with forward spotters only a few hundred yards from the target, we confirmed that they did not light up.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I hadn’t seen these indicators before, thanks for posting. Neat little product and I see Amazon has the gen 1’s available.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When shooting 6.5 or lower caliber, it's hard to call hits sometimes at 1300 without that light. It worked very well, like Pappabear said. The light was visible to the naked eye at 1300.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    PB,

We sent back all the Gen2s and swapped them for gen 1s. Even on the same target with multiple hit indicators of each gen 1 and gen 2, we had only consistent results with the Gen 1s. Not sure what the deal was with the 2s. Even with forward spotters only a few hundred yards from the target, we confirmed that they did not light up.
    The GenII's have that stupid Programmability that seems way over thought out and completely unnecessary. I wonder if my GenII just decided to work this week and will shit can next. Im leaving mine on the targets so we will see how weather resistant they are.

PB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast