Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Gen 3 Glock 29 malfunctions

Feedback Score

Help with Gen 3 Glock 29 malfunctions

10mm Glock Enthusiasts please give me a hand

My Gen 3 Glock 29 is jamming (per the pics) whenever I shoot buffalo bore or underwood hardcasts. It is not jamming with every round but at least with 2-3 rounds per 10 round mag. It shoots fine with all other FMJ and JHP ammo I have tried. Initially I thought that I need to get the 21lb wolff spring and guide rod to ensure functioning with the heavy hard cast loads but this has not solved the problem, I also know that I am not limp wristing.

Greatly appreciate any thoughts you may have. The gun shoots all other ammo well but I am very disappointed as this was supposed to be my woods carry gun. Should I go with a heavier spring?

Thank you for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    I recommend thoroughly describing the problem, include your photos, and contact Glock; hopefully send the entire gun back to Glock.

I had an older G29gen3 which I never could diagnose, but didn't send it back to Glock. I traded the gun in at a Glock distributor, but always wished I knew what the exact problem was after spending a lot of time & money-for-parts-&-ammo and still not know.

More often than not, spent casings would be pulled above the ejector, while still being held by the extractor, then close onto the barrel hood. (I think there was an old name for the problem, like "Phase 5 Malfunction" or something like that.)

The worst that could happen is you'd be out $50+ in shipping costs back to Glock.
    The best that could happen is Glock fixes the gun or sends you a new one.

Feedback Score
    I would like to offer some assistance but I cannot see the attachments. Is there some other way they can be seen?

Feedback Score
    Yea i guess you are right, i will write glock and see what they say.
    Last edited by eugevita; 11-06-19 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    glock 29 jam 1.jpgglock 29 jam 2.jpg

maybe you can see these?

Feedback Score
    How old/many rounds do you have on the current recoil spring? I know a guy who had the same issue with +P .45 ammo in his G30 gen 3

Also, what grain hardcast are you shooting? I know 200 grain typically functions better than 220 in Glock's.

Just some suggestions. You can also email Buffalo Bore directly and ask. Tim Sundles often answers emails himself and he's a very good reference on how his ammo performs and issues folks have.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    duplicate....
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 11-07-19 at 06:18. Reason: duplicate

Feedback Score
    What I see is an extracted round that has failed to clear the ejection port.

I would quantify how different these are from your regular ammo by running them over a chronograph. If there is no difference in velocity I would look at dimensionality of the cases near the rim. If there is a noticeable difference in velocity I would post that here and go down that rabbit hole for awhile.

The fact everything else runs right says ammo rather than the gun. You just have to find out what it is about the ammo.

Do you handload? Would be helpful if you did.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First, Glock has done zero testing with wide meplat hard cast ammo in the 20/29.

Second, I have had the same problem with the half dozen G29 pistols my wife and I own. It is why I ended up shooting the Lehigh penetrator bullet, as loaded by Underwood. It has a FMJ bullet profile and feeds reliably.

Feedback Score
    The thing is if it was a feeding problem we would see a live round stuck on its way to the chamber

We do not see that here. The picture shows a fired case that has failed to clear the gun. Thus I cannot see how bullet shape is a player. The cartridge made it into the chamber. The empty did not make it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast