Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Colt M-16A2 from Boot Camp

Feedback Score

My Colt M-16A2 from Boot Camp

So I managed to sneak some pictures of my Colt M-16A2 that was issued to me in Boot Camp back in 1996. Sorry the pictures are crappy, but hey.. it was over 23 years ago, with a disposable camera. I still remember the serial number, though. 4802583 Sure would love to own this one. Even though it had seen a lot of use, and would jam every now and then, it was still very accurate. When I finally got to my unit, after all my training, I was issued an FN.

img177.jpgimg178.jpgimg174.jpg

Feedback Score
    It's great that you could get those pics, and remember the serial number. I have pics I need to scan of me with my M16A1 from 1978 at Fort Knox. I still have the weapon card with the serial number. At some point I will share those pictures.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    It's great that you could get those pics, and remember the serial number. I have pics I need to scan of me with my M16A1 from 1978 at Fort Knox. I still have the weapon card with the serial number. At some point I will share those pictures.
    would love to see them. I've also got a picture of my dad with his M-16 when he was in boot camp. i'll post it in a day or 2.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    How did you get a camera into boot camp?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    How did you get a camera into boot camp?
    I was a platoon leader, and I had to go to the PX to get some personal hygiene supplies for my platoon. I was able to slip that in when I bought all that stuff.
    U.S. Army Infantry/U.S. Navy Corpsman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pretty cool.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice, wish I had pictures, my basic A1 was a Colt when I got to the 1st Cav my second was a Hydramatic, when we swapped 105's for 155's we also got all new small arms because the TOE was changing and got a brand new Colt. Really wish I had good pics of the Hydramatic but at the time it was just a tool.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 11-05-19 at 09:02.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Awesome. I once called Colt to see if they could tell me when my rifle was manufactured, but they wouldn't share the info on gov owned rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dont remember my serial number. Had too many issued weapons over the years. I do remember my m-16 and the shinny bolt from over cleaning during basic. Great that you have pics.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    I was a platoon leader, and I had to go to the PX to get some personal hygiene supplies for my platoon. I was able to slip that in when I bought all that stuff.
    I’m gonna find out who your Senior was and tell and he is gonna come to your house and smoke you.

Also, didn’t know FNs were issued that far back. I didn’t get a FN M16 until 05 and it was an A4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast