Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Colt M-16A2 from Boot Camp

Feedback Score
    Very nice.

M16A1 here. MCRD San Diego, 1979, Platoon 3048.

When we went from the 300 to the 500, we'd flip up the 'long range' aperture, and screw the front sight post down about 4 (?) notches with a round of ammo. The good ol' days.....grin
    Last edited by MontanaMarine; 11-05-19 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I’m gonna find out who your Senior was and tell and he is gonna come to your house and smoke you.

Also, didn’t know FNs were issued that far back. I didn’t get a FN M16 until 05 and it was an A4.
    Thanks to all for the comments! Wouldn't that be something for him to hunt me down and show up at my house one day?! DROP!! lol... All my training took the better part of a year. I'm thinking that FN got their first M-16 contract in '97. I could be wrong about that, but I know I had one issued to me in '97. Wish I knew the serial number of that one. The only serial number I remember, is the one that was issued to me in boot camp, because it was drilled into our heads.
    U.S. Army Infantry/U.S. Navy Corpsman

Feedback Score
    I’m gonna find out who your Senior was and tell and he is gonna come to your house and smoke you.

Also, didn’t know FNs were issued that far back. I didn’t get a FN M16 until 05 and it was an A4.
    We had 1 guy in boot camp with an FN A2 and that was in 04 so I guess they made ‘em for a few years prior to the A4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    Very nice.

M16A1 here. MCRD San Diego, 1979, Platoon 3048.

When we went from the 300 to the 500, we'd flip up the 'long range' aperture, and screw the front sight post down about 4 (?) notches with a round of ammo. The good ol' days.....grin
    you can tell by my screen name that I was obviously in the Navy too. 8404 Corpsman. 2nd Mar Div.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I had a Colt M16A2 in boot camp, no cameras allowed and I forgot my SN long ago. I remember the handguards popped off at the slightest port arms, and the lower was so old that it was silver and shiny. Lots of unauthorized hand sanitizer to shine the plastic!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I had a Colt M16A2 in boot camp, no cameras allowed
    of course, there were no cameras allowed for us either, but there's always a way.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I had an FN M16A2 issued to me in 1994.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I'd love to have some pics from Ord, 1970. Visited there three years ago, and it is utterly gone; barracks, ranges and all.
    My issue in basic was an M16dashnothing Colt; we had Colts and Hydramatics. The lefties were given the Hydras because of ejection pattern.
    We got brandy-new Colts at my Guard outfit. Built a replica some years back; NOS Colt upper, NoDak lower..
    Moon

Feedback Score
    These are too good no doubt.

Feedback Score
    Funny to hear 'no photos'; what do they do about phones for boots nowadays? Good grief, the guys would have a kitten, being parted from their cell...and pretty hard to stop photos (and videos) with phones.
    R. Lee Ermey would have a tough time of it today!
    Moon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast