Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle device for future suppressor?

Feedback Score

Muzzle device for future suppressor?

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question.

I picked up a 14.5 516 upper and I need to have a muzzle device pinned and welded unless I put it on a pistol lower. I'm not sure if I'll ever add a suppressor but want to future proof my decision.

Is there a muzzle device that will give me the most flexibility down the line if I choose to put a can on this?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Future proofing is hard to do if you don’t know what can you plan to use. Some of my top picks would be a Forward Controls 1815KM or 6315KM, which can be used with any of Dead Air’s Key Mount cans, or with any modular can with a KeyMo adapter. Option 2, a Griffin Taper Stealth flash hider, which can be used with any of Griffin’s taper mount cans, or any modular can using a Plan A taper adapter. Option 3, a YHM mount that you can use with their cans. I don’t think they are selling the adapter for modular cans separately yet, but you might be able to score one off of someone thats direct threading a Turbo K, like myself.

Theres a lot of modular cans out there right now.

Runners up for good muzzle devices, that you will be locked into specific, but good, suppressors include: Surefire, KAC, and Griffin gate-lock.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    KAC QDC. I honestly believe this will allow the best utility for a do-all, as well as allow the best cans and future cans on the market to be used.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hard to say for sure if you don’t have an idea what can you want to use. I think 1168 is on track with the use of KeyMo compatible MD.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Hard to say for sure if you don’t have an idea what can you want to use. I think 1168 is on track with the use of KeyMo compatible MD.
    KeyMo is a good mount, but I view Dead Air cans as "middle class". Kindof like a Ford Mustang GT. GREAT bang for the buck and value and super cool and your friends and you like them, but they'll never be a P-car.

So why do I feel that way?

-interchangeable muzzle caps (budget move. Nice, but not a good thing unless you're trying to save money by slapping a 22 cal cap on a 30 cal can)
    -Only come in 30 cal (Again, cool. Budget move though).

They are good cans. So are all the other cans that use KeyMo mounts. None of them seem like high end purpose-built products, though. Those companies tend to use proprietary mounts, for better or worse.

Just my .02, but cans should always be the best you can buy. You're truly married to them for life, because who buys a used can on a Form 4 unless it's some unobtanium item like a historical KAC or something? Budget-saving and penny pinching has no place in the can world. Buy the best for your purposes and it costs what it costs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    KAC MAMS

KAC 3 Prong
    Last edited by 6933; 11-05-19 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    KAC MAMS

KAC 3 Prong
    This is what I'm leaning towards. Being in Virginia after today's election the decision might be made for me if democrats take the majority.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Either make a pistol or forget about it. Cross that bridge when you get there. If you ever did suppress it, you might hit a special where they give you a mount or some other situation. Sounds like money wasted to me for someone that may never go suppressed.

Also, are you talking about pinning an expensive mount? Seriously, I think you are spending money for no reason. If you have that money then buy a suppressor and go sbr. Then you can get exactly what you want.
    Last edited by tb-av; 11-05-19 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    It's all for not anyway, with the ass kicking we took in Virginia yesterday a suppressor is not going to be an option and if they stick with the proposals they ran on pistols will be illegal soon too.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    It's all for not anyway, with the ass kicking we took in Virginia yesterday a suppressor is not going to be an option and if they stick with the proposals they ran on pistols will be illegal soon too.

Could you not just jump into the NFA game now?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast