Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muzzle device for future suppressor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Could you not just jump into the NFA game now?
    Not likely, since I'll probably be a class 6 felon if I don't comply.
    Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on November 1, 2019, may retain possession until July 1, 2020. During that time, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency.

The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport large-capacity firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill.

Good times.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This bill was approved?
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on November 1, 2019, may retain possession until July 1, 2020. During that time, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency.

The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport large-capacity firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill.

Good times.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am curious as to what you consider an ‘upper class’ can if you find DA as middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    KeyMo is a good mount, but I view Dead Air cans as "middle class". Kindof like a Ford Mustang GT. GREAT bang for the buck and value and super cool and your friends and you like them, but they'll never be a P-car.

So why do I feel that way?

-interchangeable muzzle caps (budget move. Nice, but not a good thing unless you're trying to save money by slapping a 22 cal cap on a 30 cal can)
    -Only come in 30 cal (Again, cool. Budget move though).

They are good cans. So are all the other cans that use KeyMo mounts. None of them seem like high end purpose-built products, though. Those companies tend to use proprietary mounts, for better or worse.

Just my .02, but cans should always be the best you can buy. You're truly married to them for life, because who buys a used can on a Form 4 unless it's some unobtanium item like a historical KAC or something? Budget-saving and penny pinching has no place in the can world. Buy the best for your purposes and it costs what it costs.
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    This bill was approved?
    No this was part of the emergency session after the Virginia Beach shooting. Republicans didn't allow it to move forward but now that the Democrats have won the legislature senate and have the governor its just a rubber stamp for approval which they ran on.

I expect this to be passed in the first week of the new year.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Muzzle device for future suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post

Good times.
    Folks will be literal felons for not complying.

At that point who cares about pinning a 14.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 11-06-19 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Folks will be literal felons for not complying.

At that point who cares about pinning a 14.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This guy gets it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Keymo is supposedly a great mount and you can use any silencer that has the “universal” mount threads- i forget the thread pitch- I think its 1.3something

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I am curious as to what you consider an ‘upper class’ can if you find DA as middle class.
    Anything that meets criteria:

-Caliber specific (means it has the best size, weight/suppression crossover point, typically). (self-explanatory)
    -Large scale or in-depth testing by military or other 3rd party entities. (KAC and Surefire suppressors meet this criteria, as well as others, I'm sure)
    -Good support from the manufacturer (Surefire typically will fix baffle strikes quickly and at a fraction of the cost of a new core/can for civilian customers)
    -Relevant performance (example, the M4-2000 was an upper class can 10 years ago, however, due to the mounting interface and AAC's current status, even though it suppresses very well, I would not consider it one at this time).
    -Anything that is simple. For example, random giblets that can unthread such as end-caps or retrofitted mount interfaces are not something I'd want in a top tier can. A top tier can does not need these items, because it comes configured optimally from the factory, not as a "good .30 cal, or decent .224 cal can if you just install this handy end-cap..."
    Last edited by WS6; 11-07-19 at 05:36.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Gotcha, personal opinion. I didn’t know if you had hard evidence or facts. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Anything that meets criteria:

-Caliber specific (means it has the best size, weight/suppression crossover point, typically). (self-explanatory)
    -Large scale or in-depth testing by military or other 3rd party entities. (KAC and Surefire suppressors meet this criteria, as well as others, I'm sure)
    -Good support from the manufacturer (Surefire typically will fix baffle strikes quickly and at a fraction of the cost of a new core/can for civilian customers)
    -Relevant performance (example, the M4-2000 was an upper class can 10 years ago, however, due to the mounting interface and AAC's current status, even though it suppresses very well, I would not consider it one at this time).
    -Anything that is simple. For example, random giblets that can unthread such as end-caps or retrofitted mount interfaces are not something I'd want in a top tier can. A top tier can does not need these items, because it comes configured optimally from the factory, not as a "good .30 cal, or decent .224 cal can if you just install this handy end-cap..."
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12