Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At least 61 US Veterans who guarded contaminated ex-Soviet base died or have cancer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Post At least 61 US Veterans who guarded contaminated ex-Soviet base died or have cancer

“‘After returning from combat years later, we are all coming down with various forms of cancer that the [Department of Veterans Affairs] is refusing to acknowledge,’ according to retired Army Chief Warrant Officer Scott Welsch, a special operations military intelligence officer who deployed to K2 in October 2001, and who now has thyroid cancer which was diagnosed in 2014.“

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nat...238510218.html

Feedback Score
    I was there briefly as an intelligence officer before I moved on to K-har. Very interesting article. I ended up inexplicably developing congestive heart failure as did several other troops I know. I have it controlled with medications but I was in pretty good shape, never had high blood pressure, etc. A total mystery to my docs.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I would expect crickets on this. Acknowledgement equals guilt, and all.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    This is big in the SOF circles (biggest users of K2). A lot of discussion on the SOF-centric forums. I imagine this will be handled like the contaminated smoke in the Gulf, and like the water at Camp Lejeune: Obfuscate, confuse, misdirect, and drag their feet.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    K2 is a sh!t hole. Thankfully I only passed through there. My squadron had a small detachment there for a few months in 2004. Two of my good friends who were on that deployment ended up being diagnosed with cancer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    I was there briefly as an intelligence officer before I moved on to K-har. Very interesting article. I ended up inexplicably developing congestive heart failure as did several other troops I know. I have it controlled with medications but I was in pretty good shape, never had high blood pressure, etc. A total mystery to my docs.
    VA docs pretend they know nothing, and most legit docs actually do know nothing about some of the military issues. I've got some odd things that are less than enjoyable, and there is little interest in dealing with them from a VA angle.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was just in the Huntsville VA two days ago, Im eligible due to the Lejeune contaminated water, and my experience was an f-ing nightmare. The system is broke as F.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I was just in the Huntsville VA two days ago, Im eligible due to the Lejeune contaminated water, and my experience was an f-ing nightmare. The system is broke as F.
    I never even signed up on the Lejeune registry. It would have just been a nightmare to have to deal with if I actually got sick and needed anything.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I never even signed up on the Lejeune registry. It would have just been a nightmare to have to deal with if I actually got sick and needed anything.
    That's just sad. You guys put foot to ass for us and the system won't have your back.

Is there a possibility for a FOIA request and a class action lawsuit?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wow, those conditions sound horrible. Makes me look back at my time on the ship during those same years and be thankful.

That said...I deal with and work around/with radiation...I don’t buy the “ponds glowing green” thing.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast