Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBaron family murdered by Cartel in Mexico.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not to sound like an ass, I do feel bad for them and the kids. Shit like this shouldn't happen. But we all know what countries are safe to live in, what parts are safe to visit...etc. If I were to move to El Salvador or Libya, Sudan, Congo or any other 3rd world country and something were to happen to me I would not expect or want the military involved. I wouldn't want some soldier to risk his/her life because I was too naive to know better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Scorched earth these heathen.
    Just wanted to recommend some Crucifixion before Firefly got here.
    I don't see a down side in a military action, cross the border smack 'em like pinata and zoom back home, add in enough air cover and call it a fiesta.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Not to sound like an ass, I do feel bad for them and the kids. Shit like this shouldn't happen. But we all know what countries are safe to live in, what parts are safe to visit...etc. If I were to move to El Salvador or Libya, Sudan, Congo or any other 3rd world country and something were to happen to me I would not expect or want the military involved. I wouldn't want some soldier to risk his/her life because I was too naive to know better.
    They left the US a hundred or so years ago to avoid some laws.
    They aren't breaking those laws concerning multiple wives as far as I know anymore. They're just way invested in lad and agriculture.

Feedback Score
    I know some Mormon Ranchers who have relatives in that part Mexico. A large group of polygamist Mormons left the US in the 1890's into the early 1900's because the church outlawed plural marriage. Some of that group still practice it, but most followed the modern LDS Church. There are numerous families in that colony, and they have names you might recognize:

Jeffs, Jessop, Crum, Farnsworth, Finicum and Bundy....
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    They left the US a hundred or so years ago to avoid some laws.
    They aren't breaking those laws concerning multiple wives as far as I know anymore. They're just way invested in lad and agriculture.
    Their private/religious lives don't concern me. They're not bothering anyone and I'm not one to judge. And even if they were braking those laws it's certainly not a death sentence.

The article I read earlier today said several decades. If it was a 100 years ago and they are now Mexican citizens by birth, in that case US has nothing to do with this. If they were US born and moved to Mexico they should have been well aware of where they're moving too. And definitely aware of what it has become in recent years.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's time for the US to DICTATE the terms of engagement, at least with these two cartels. This terrorist style attack against innocent women and children resulting in the deaths of 9 American citizens, is sufficient to declare war on Mexico. I don't care what their family history is, we have a duty to protect our citizens, expats or not.

Mexican President Obrador is feckless and incompetent. He had better drastically change his approach right now, or he's going to find Apache gunships and A-10 Warthogs running sorties into Mexico with F-16 CAP.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Not that this matters, but it is a piece being left out of the reports I have read. These were polygamists, returning from one of their franchises, that specializes in grooming young woman to be married off. Hence in another country.
    A guy I am training, two of the people who were killed, are his cousins that he grew up with in Colorado City AZ.

They usually have to pay a safe passage "fee" coming back into the country. The Cartels know what is going on and as long as money is getting handed out, that all is bueno.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Just wanted to recommend some Crucifixion before Firefly got here.
    I don't see a down side in a military action, cross the border smack 'em like pinata and zoom back home, add in enough air cover and call it a fiesta.
    Agreed, if it was Al Queda or ISIS that was on our southern border we wouldnt be so squeamish about putting the wood to them. As it is, we're still thinking this is a law enforcement issue instead of a "we got a pile of crazed torturing murdering terrorists" on our border issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Their private/religious lives don't concern me. They're not bothering anyone and I'm not one to judge. And even if they were braking those laws it's certainly not a death sentence.

The article I read earlier today said several decades. If it was a 100 years ago and they are now Mexican citizens by birth, in that case US has nothing to do with this. If they were US born and moved to Mexico they should have been well aware of where they're moving too. And definitely aware of what it has become in recent years.
    I'm not unaware of their situation and to some degree I'm sympathetic to why they left.
    I'm not sure how they manage to remain US Citizens, but many have done so.
    I'm probably related to some of them in some way or another. My relations that were polygamous just stayed in NW New Mexico and kept their heads down.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    We should have intervened militarily long before 5NOV19.

It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Agreed, if it was Al Queda or ISIS that was on our southern border we wouldnt be so squeamish about putting the wood to them. As it is, we're still thinking this is a law enforcement issue instead of a "we got a pile of crazed torturing murdering terrorists" on our border issue.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast