Thread: 45 ACP carbine

Feedback Score

45 ACP carbine

Is anyone else running a 45 acp carbine? Mine uses m3/m3a1 grease gun mags and is a joy to shoot. Everything from ball ammo, lead swc’s to hp’s like federal hydroshoks run flawlessly. The lower is a dedicated grease gun mag lower and the upper is an older Olympic a1 style.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have a Macon Armory .45 upper and a CMMG Banshee AR15 in .45 acp

Both are SBR with silencers for hog hunting. Work great on smaller pigs.

Banshee uses Glock 21 mags. Macon has proprietary mags similar to grease gun mags. Both have Giessele triggers which are great. Fun little quiet rifles to shoot.
    .45 Gold dots do the trick on pigs and don’t carry as far so are safer.

Also have a .45 HK USC converted into a “UMP” SBR. Will probably sell it one day, don’t like the crappy HK trigger.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 11-05-19 at 23:48.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I want a De Lisle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    I have a Macon Armory .45 upper and a CMMG Banshee AR15 in .45 acp

Both are SBR with silencers for hog hunting. Work great on smaller pigs.

Banshee uses Glock 21 mags. Macon has proprietary mags similar to grease gun mags. Both have Giessele triggers which are great. Fun little quiet rifles to shoot.
    .45 Gold dots do the trick on pigs and don’t carry as far so are safer.

Also have a .45 HK USC converted into a “UMP” SBR. Will probably sell it one day, don’t like the crappy HK trigger.
    Same in regards to Macon Armory...

I had Rudy build a 16” unthreaded upper when I was down in NJ. Used USC magazines. Moved up to ME, and ordered a set of his magazines... already had the adapter (had to send it back to him to go over, since it was an earlier one).

Have an ACE Ultra Lite Entry stock on it, which I’m switching over to a Minimalist. Also going to have it threaded in the near future.

What do you use to carry the Macon magazines, if you don’t mind me asking? Was going to toss it in my truck, in case I’m off-duty and something ever went down.

Will be going with a Banshee... but in 9mm. We are switching to 9mm Glocks in the next year, so would be a logical choice. Was considering a .40 gun to go with my sidearm (.40 P2000), but rather just go with something that I know works well instead of experimenting with .40 loads.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Same in regards to Macon Armory...

What do you use to carry the Macon magazines, if you don’t mind me asking? Was going to toss it in my truck, in case I’m off-duty and something ever went down.

Will be going with a Banshee... but in 9mm. We are switching to 9mm Glocks in the next year, so would be a logical choice. Was considering a .40 gun to go with my sidearm (.40 P2000), but rather just go with something that I know works well instead of experimenting with .40 loads.
    I only hunt with .45acp AR15 so I don’t carry spare mags for the Macon.
    My truck gun is a 5.56 AR15 SBR and I have a six mag carrier.

I have a Spikes 9mm upper that is silenced.
    I like 230 grain +P .45 Gold Dots better than 147 grain 9mm hollow-points for suppressed shooting on wild pigs.