Thread: Colt O1991 vs Classic Government

Feedback Score

Colt O1991 vs Classic Government

Other than the O1991 being a series 80, how does the Classic Government differ?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    From reading at other forums, the Classic has different rollmarks, grips, barrel hood width, black sights (instead of dots), different shade of bluing finish.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was talking with some people on pistol forum about my 80 series and one gentleman said :

"That seller is local to me and I do all of my business with them. I saw some of the Series 80 guns they had with the NM barrels. Other than that they are just typical Series 80s. Colt has done that before, but recently they made batches of both Series 70 and Series 80 guns with features not typical of each model. For example, the most recent batch of stainless S70 Repros were made with widened ejection ports and the slide catch notch further to the rear -- making them essentially the same as the new 1911 Classic model except with an arched main spring housing and different roll marks.

The Series 80 Government (1990) and Series 70 Repro models are no longer in production at Colt. They have both been replaced in the lineup by the 1911 Classic, which can be had in 45 ACP and Super 38 blued and stainless."

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:07.