Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue with Witt Machine's Service on Integrally SUppressed 223 and 300 Blackout Upper

Feedback Score
    I figured I should circle back on this thread with the resolution.

You were right, Bret, about jurisdiction. Based on your comment, I double-checked with an attorney at my downstate Big Law firm, who agreed with you that I probably did not have enough nexus for jurisdiction. Thank you for that.

It worked out ok though. My local yokel attorney sent an email, fax, and certified letter to both the corporate agent and the business owner at the business address detailing everything that had happened and my 30+ fruitless attempts to get my items back on Dec 15 threatening to sue Jan 1 if I didn't get my money back for the uppers they had plus the cost of my tax stamps, plus treble damages for conversion (theft for you non-legal conversant folks out there) and attorney's fees.

5 days later, the uppers they had arrived at my SOT dealer, and the broken one had been repaired.

The one issue I ran into, which shows their fine craftsmanship, is the endplate of the integral suppressor on one of the 300 BLK uppers was a .223 endplate. It took me a while to notice and figure out the problem. It was so cold where I am I wasn't about to go out and shoot them anytime soon anyway. That would have been interesting had I gone and test shot it without noticing the problem.

My gunsmith also did not notice that problem. I wasn't overly happy about that at all. That is what I pay him for. He is the only game in town though, this is the first mistake he has made that I have ever caught out of a lot of work I have given him, and I would have a very long drive to find someone else.

It served as a reminder of something I learned a long time ago-like everything else in life, you can't put blind trust in anyone when it comes to things that go boom. If humans are involved, mistakes can happen. (I'm talking about my gunsmith here. As far as Witt Machine is concerned, zero quarter given for their mistake. They are in the suppressor manufacturing business. Bottom line: No matter how much you trust the guy working on your boom sticks, you need to check and double check everything you can yourself, and if your gut tells you that something seems wrong, something probably is.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad it mostly worked out. You did what you had to do. Now go back to enjoying our hobby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12