Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Resident, Time for One More AR

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Black Friday will be here shortly...should be a ton of bargains.
    FOR THE PRICE & RECENT UPGRADED FEATURES...the PSA rifles with FN barrels are a good deal for a beater/range/test vehicle.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonBanjos View Post
    I think I am going to go with a SOLGW's Liberty series AR. Does anyone know what kind of sales or deals you could snag within the upcoming weeks to Black Friday from SOLGW and others? I'd like to get as good a deal as possible, but I don't want to wait too late.
    Watch primaryarms.com for deals on SOLGW and Sionics. They just finished up a big Halloween sale and 11.5 uppers I was eyeballing were 549 down to 399 with same day shipping. Including SOLGW mlok rail etc.

Pay close attention to PA as we go into black Friday. Both rifle brands listed above are very reputable, know what they are doing, and guarantee their work. They also pick up the phone and answer questions.

The deals primary has been offering are enough to make someone not in the market pull out the card and get it done.

Best of luck to those out in VA. Your work is definitely cut out for you.

Feedback Score
    Haven't read that bill yet, but if it doesn't grandfather existing ownership, buying a gun now really won't help. But if it does, perhaps the way to go is just stock up on lowers (instead of getting a full gun) and then slowly build them out over the year? Instead of blowing $1000 (or even $600) on a complete rifle, put $100 towards a good lower (or $200 towards 2!!), and bank all the remaining cash in normal capacity magazines. Keep the receipt to "prove" you acquired those magazines prior to the bill becoming law. Money will come later, but the more lowers you can grandfather in, the more options you get to enjoy down the road. Again, that's if grandfathering is part of the bill... Good luck!!

Ps. I had people told me Trump "bought" his presidency and that should be made illegal; but VA suffered a major setback mainly because Bloomberg dumped 2+ millions into backing the democrat's race. And yet we don't see that getting called Bloomberg "buying" house/senate seats... Sigh.

By the way, Ohio welcomes you! We do respect the 2nd amendment and we are not that far from VA.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    Haven't read that bill yet, but if it doesn't grandfather existing ownership, buying a gun now really won't help. But if it does, perhaps the way to go is just stock up on lowers (instead of getting a full gun) and then slowly build them out over the year? Instead of blowing $1000 (or even $600) on a complete rifle, put $100 towards a good lower (or $200 towards 2!!), and bank all the remaining cash in normal capacity magazines. Keep the receipt to "prove" you acquired those magazines prior to the bill becoming law. Money will come later, but the more lowers you can grandfather in, the more options you get to enjoy down the road. Again, that's if grandfathering is part of the bill... Good luck!!

Ps. I had people told me Trump "bought" his presidency and that should be made illegal; but VA suffered a major setback mainly because Bloomberg dumped 2+ millions into backing the democrat's race. And yet we don't see that getting called Bloomberg "buying" house/senate seats... Sigh.

By the way, Ohio welcomes you! We do respect the 2nd amendment and we are not that far from VA.
    The bill that is proposed right now does not grandfather anything. Sell it, deactivate it or move it out of state are the three options. “Assault weapons”, magazines, suppressors, shotguns with certain capacities. I don’t see that loosening up.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    You guys are going to abide a law like that?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    THIS!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    A rhetorical question for sure. I think outside of the Washington D.C. area, especially in western and southwestern Virginia, the non-compliance will be massive.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I wonder if noncompliance is synonymous with abiding. Obviously rhetorical. And clearly this subverts the OP’s original topic, so I’ll let it go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    A rhetorical question for sure. I think outside of the Washington D.C. area, especially in western and southwestern Virginia, the non-compliance will be massive.
    Without a doubt. If VA were to split half, leaving Northern VA and Southern VA, it would be the best thing that would ever happen to us. I do not plan on complying to any unconstitutional law, nor do I expect the rest of the gun owners in this state to either. We cannot willingly give up our rights. What bothers me the most are those who claim to support the Second Amendment, yet question why we as citizens need to own AR's and suppressors, etc. They will not only make us look bad, but they will be the first to surrender their rights.
    Last edited by GibsonBanjos; 11-08-19 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I would actually call Sionics on Tuesday and tell them what you are looking for. Also keep an eye on Primary Arms. I'd take a FSB/Magpul equipped Sionics or Centurion over any lower quality alternative, if it came down to it. I'm actually piecing together one just like that just as an iron sighted beater rifle.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast