Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 9MM Compact Accuracy Issue Sanity Check - New Sight Update

Feedback Score
    I have 6 M&P's. And all of them have the line in them from the factory. and the mags i bought did not have the line. must be some kind of QC check at the factory. as only the mags that comes with the pistol have them

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Have someone else (preferably a known consistent shooter) shoot the pistol to see what it does for them. If it does the same for both of you, it is most likely the pistol.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Have someone else (preferably a known consistent shooter) shoot the pistol to see what it does for them. If it does the same for both of you, it is most likely the pistol.
    Yeah, that would have been my next step but I've got nobody to run it past.
    That being said, as pointed out previously, the Glock from the "groups" photo has sights I replaced and zeroed myself, and it's hitting where I'm pointing same as guns with factory set sights, so I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt in this case.

I'm going to try to get S&W to check it out. Maybe I just got the 1-in-1000 oddball lemon. That's what happened with the first DD rifle I bought, so apparently it's my luck to have this happen. Will see what I can find out from them.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How far do you need to drift the rear sight to get POA and POI to coincide? Have you even tried moving it?

A pistol that's a couple inches off at 10 yards doesn't seem like a "lemon" to me, just not perfect.
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-12-19 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    If you consistently are hitting left, move your rear sight to the right. Just because it's "centered" doesn't mean it's centered for you. Move it until your getting POA/POI where you want it. As for shooting low, that sounds like a trigger control issue.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Yeah, that would have been my next step but I've got nobody to run it past.
    That being said, as pointed out previously, the Glock from the "groups" photo has sights I replaced and zeroed myself, and it's hitting where I'm pointing same as guns with factory set sights, so I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt in this case.

I'm going to try to get S&W to check it out. Maybe I just got the 1-in-1000 oddball lemon. That's what happened with the first DD rifle I bought, so apparently it's my luck to have this happen. Will see what I can find out from them.
    Man that would be some luck to have a DD need to be sent back and then a S&W

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Man that would be some luck to have a DD need to be sent back and then a S&W
    I know right?
    However, it's also barely surprising anymore- if I started a list of all the things over the last few years that turned out like that, you wouldn't believe it...it's just been a total clusterf***

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Bump for update - See page 1

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Glad to see you figured it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12