Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammer/Trigger pin hole wear

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not uncommon at all for seeing wear simply from the installation of the pins. I've seen wear and flaking from just putting the pins in place. Pins DO egg out a receiver over time, but we aren't talking about the couple hundred rounds most people put through their weapon in the course of a year. Tens of thousands of rounds are typically what is seen before notable wear comes into play from in spec components.

I would humbly submit the damage/ wear was from installation, but it doesn't change the validity of your concern, nor does it alter that using captured pins will cease/ slow acceleration.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I swear I'm on Arfcom.

pin holes don't wear out unless there's some underlying and wildly unusual circumstance. If the KNS concept was worth a shit, Geiselle would have employed the notion in his triggers.

Look at some of KNS's other goofball offerings, and you can get an idea of the nonsense they're all about.
    Not arfcom, not even close to being near that level, not yet. That place has its own slew of issues, and Brownells involvement or not, it isn't changing any time soon. The greater level of damage/ wear comes from anodizing issues, which are typically shown in flaking or chipping.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Not uncommon at all for seeing wear simply from the installation of the pins. I've seen wear and flaking from just putting the pins in place. Pins DO egg out a receiver over time, but we aren't talking about the couple hundred rounds most people put through their weapon in the course of a year. Tens of thousands of rounds are typically what is seen before notable wear comes into play from in spec components.

I would humbly submit the damage/ wear was from installation, but it doesn't change the validity of your concern, nor does it alter that using captured pins will cease/ slow acceleration.
    Yeah you're likely right about the installation flaking some of the black anodized layer off. I'm sure it's not a big deal though as the anodize goes beneath the aluminum surface and hardens it. Heck, someone out there probably had tens of thousands of rounds through their 80% lower without an anodized pin holes without any wear.

I think these KNS pins will make this lower not egg out and make it last longer than me lol. This is my workhorse lower and I'm planning on taking it to the grave.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Hammer/Trigger pin hole wear

Well, Geissele has stated multiple times that KNS pins should not be used with their triggers. There’s also lots of “knowledge” going around that there needs to be some movement in the pins so the KNS “solution” is actually causing a problem. I don’t remember who that was credited to, but IIRC it’s someone who should know better than the average end user.

Also, regardless of personal feelings on the company, no one can deny that Geissele triggers have been more thoroughly vetted than any other brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SWATcop556; 11-10-19 at 22:21. Reason: Don't quote a troll
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I swear I'm on Arfcom.

pin holes don't wear out unless there's some underlying and wildly unusual circumstance. If the KNS concept was worth a shit, Geiselle would have employed the notion in his triggers.

Look at some of KNS's other goofball offerings, and you can get an idea of the nonsense they're all about.
    Exactly! The voice of reason.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Also, regardless of personal feelings on the company, no one can deny that Geissele triggers have been more thoroughly vetted than any other brand.
    Except USGI and the DoD has a gauging requirement for the Lower Receiver FGC pin holes in the -23 for a reason, even if the FCG has been switched out for a G trigger.
    It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the strategem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand -Yagyu Munemori

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyM4 View Post
    Except USGI and the DoD has a gauging requirement for the Lower Receiver FGC pin holes in the -23 for a reason, even if the FCG has been switched out for a G trigger.
    What’s your point?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Well, Geissele has stated multiple times that KNS pins should not be used with their triggers. There’s also lots of “knowledge” going around that there needs to be some movement in the pins so the KNS “solution” is actually causing a problem. I don’t remember who that was credited to, but IIRC it’s someone who should know better than the average end user.

And who exactly vetted the Geissele triggers that you sre using?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    After some clean up this one can continue but lets keep the the personal insults off the forum.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I swear I'm on Arfcom.

Do pistol caliber ARs count?

Put blow back anything on top of an AR lower you'll end up breaking a few trigger/hammer pins and egging out your pin holes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast