I`ve been following the M&P 2.0 vs Sig P365 thread since I was looking for something to replace my lady`s XD S .45 . She`s very accurate with it and loves everything about it , but it just punishes her hand too much now and she wants more than 6 rounds .

So , we found a P365 XL the other day and it followed us home . First time out was today and we got a little over 100 rounds through it .
That is an accurate little gun , but we had several issues with it .

First was failure to go into battery with her on at least 4 occasions . I fired it and had no issues , so we both thought it might have something to do with her grip , however , per the guys at SigTalk , the failure to go into battery seems to be a characteristic of this gun until it has about 300 rounds through it . We were using Lawman 124 and 147 grain .

Her and my pinkie is under the gun and not able to grip it , so we`re looking for a mag extension to cure that . That may also be part of her problem on the battery issue .

My biggest issue is with the flush magazines ..... they won`t drop free because the heel of my strong hand covers the back of the mag . It may also be that my EDC is a CGW P01 , which is a bigger gun and I have over 1000 rounds through it now and am very comfortable with it .

We both shoot the gun well and she loves the size and weight , but the grip could be bigger , but that is probably curable with more range time .

Anyway , just curious what you Sig guys think or what suggestions you might have .