Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HK91-FAL-M1A. Can't decide on a battle rifle.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    However I just couldn't get past the shoddy construction of the SCAR's
    I felt the exact same way about my SCAR. Felt like a toy, and not a durable one. That and the horror stories about suppressor use convinced me to sell it. I put the $$ towards a G3K build from TSC, something I had been kicking around for years. YMMV but I want a battle rifle to be as solid as a club.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Omg just get an AR-10.

It’s good for ya!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Omg just get an AR-10.

It’s good for ya!
    Rad photo.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Get a PTR-91FR. My $0.02.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    Yeah get an LMT. All three are 30s-40s designs, really (Garand, FAL, Cetme).

FAL parts have really dried up and gone up in price. Ditto mags. DSA receivers are not what they were.

Love the M14/M1A, and several companies (LRB, Bula) make a forged receiver, new bolts, gas cyl etc. as well as a broad array of barrel options from the aftermarket (5R melonited 18” barrels and the like.)

HK - Lots of surplus and spare parts, mags, and RCM hammer forged barrels, US-made internals and furniture. PTR makes a good rifle if you get past the funny HK ergos. I had mine built on a PTR receiver.

I like all three rifles, and have a clone each (Imbel, Chicom receiver build, G3 clone), but for your “one gun” .308....LMT.
    Last edited by OODA_Loop; 12-29-19 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Don't know if you guys have seen this yet. Pretty interesting and certainly entertaining.

https://youtu.be/-pClJVKfFyY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Purchased a 1977 HK 91 last night, 2k. My associates owned the rifle for 43 years. Said he may have shot 100 rounds thru it. Rifle, in the box, with ten mags. I have a clone, and the 556 clone, just not good enough. I've wanted the real deal, since the mid 70s. Now to source the HK556.

Have m-14 e's BM59's and 62's and a pile of FN's. I'm stoked to have sourced this 91. I actually shot ten rounds thru this unit, 20 years ago. While our agency was doing quarterly quals.

DW

I pick it up at noon. His place.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    Purchased a 1977 HK 91 last night, 2k. My associates owned the rifle for 43 years. Said he may have shot 100 rounds thru it. Rifle, in the box, with ten mags. I have a clone, and the 556 clone, just not good enough. I've wanted the real deal, since the mid 70s. Now to source the HK556.

Have m-14 e's BM59's and 62's and a pile of FN's. I'm stoked to have sourced this 91. I actually shot ten rounds thru this unit, 20 years ago. While our agency was doing quarterly quals.

DW

I pick it up at noon. His place.
    Good rifles and despite the vociferous FAL fans, I believe them to be superior rifles. The only reason the FAL is popular in this country was because of a huge dump of cheap kits etc...during the ban years. Otherwise, nobody would give a crap about the FAL here.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've known the rifle for at least 20 years. Always wanted this specific unit, pre ban, the rifles like new. I'll eventually gift it to my son. He's starting to develop an understand of " look cool" VS " form funtion"

Russ also has a P7? A squeeze cock unit, in 9mm, Is that the seven?. I've gently advised I'd be willing to purchase aswell. I don't see him selling it, but at 70, just divorced. Which sucks, but is trying hard to hang onto his million dollar house. Hard to do on a cops pension, and a few solid investments, especially right now.

Thank you for your comments. I went thru that FN thing back in the late 70s, early 80s. Still have several in the back safe.

I also have a HK kit gun, a 91, for o twenty years I thought the box contained a fn, was surprised to discover the 91 after opening the fn box. I,dropped it off at my smiths place back in sept, along with four AKs to be done correctly. A friend s gun shop picked up two buckets full of ak parts, complete guns needing put together. He dropped off some 3006 ammo the other day, said he hadn't even started on the rebuilding. O well.

DW

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast