I've seen to go through my .308 battle rifle phases every few years. Sold my DSA SA58 to fund our wedding last year, but still have the mags. I really want to go back to the Right Arm of the Free World considering I still have mags and a bayonet.

Difference is: we have moved to North Dakota, I'm inching to hunt next year, and said mags are still in TN.

Sigh...and I'm kinda wanting something different.

Even though I've damn near owned or shot all three, I can't say I'm really wanting a change, but maybe a real commitment.

I've owned a CETME and a Hesse G3 misery, a ptr32, and aside from the crappy manufactured...well...crap, I did like the platform. I'm very well acquitted with the internals and cleaning (thank you Hesse) and they are cheaper to shoot using steel cased ammo. Something I'm very hesitant with the FAL.

The FAL is a little more ergonomically friendly. The iron sights are okay, but the accuracy wasn't great unless I did hand loads. Easy with the FAL; good luck with the brass on the HK91. And again, my working knowledge of the FAL is on par with the 91.

The M1A I'm familiar with from my M1 days, but I've never fired a full on M1A/M-14..

I'm going to be putting a scope on it, and a check rest, but I don't know which one I'd be comfortable with.

I'm looking for a good support for parts, a good scope host, and good accuracy.