Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best laser range finder for 1 mile shots

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Seeing your stand makes realize two things; one I have a similar stand I can use and two, I’m over thinking this. I’m busting out the wife’s Reynolds cooking foil!
    That gave me a laugh, gracias.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Seeing your stand makes realize two things; one I have a similar stand I can use and two, I’m over thinking this. I’m busting out the wife’s Reynolds cooking foil!
    That gave me a laugh, gracias.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I borrowed a friends Vectronix and it was the bomb. I’ll wait to see what comes out at shot then maybe pull the trigger.

PB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ironically, I was out tying to make a mile shot last week and somebody had set up a target at the top of the hill where I shoot. Figuring I would use it, I set my targets up at 1250 and 1500. I measure 260 back, then 510 back. Then back up to measure the 1250. Wouldn’t read, nor at 1500. For S’s and G’s I point at the 1760 target and I get a reading! Was actually 1765. Long story short, when I hike up the hill to look at the target, there was a piece of reflective plastic, maybe 12” square, set up to the right of the target. I need to snap a picture of it next time I’m out there.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ironically, I was out tying to make a mile shot last week and somebody had set up a target at the top of the hill where I shoot. Figuring I would use it, I set my targets up at 1250 and 1500. I measure 260 back, then 510 back. Then back up to measure the 1250. Wouldn’t read, nor at 1500. For S’s and G’s I point at the 1760 target and I get a reading! Was actually 1765. Long story short, when I hike up the hill to look at the target, there was a piece of reflective plastic, maybe 12” square, set up to the right of the target. I need to snap a picture of it next time I’m out there.
    I bought some of that tape for the very same reason. I may not need it if I buy the nice Vectronix. Im waiting for shot how and hopefully something very compelling will come out.

PB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I don’t ever see me shooting much past a mile. That would involve some crazy caliber I don’t want to get involved in so this is a great solution unless you need other features of course.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don’t ever see me shooting much past a mile. That would involve some crazy caliber I don’t want to get involved in so this is a great solution unless you need other features of course.
    Agreed. A mile is fairly doable with real world equipment. When you start getting crazy with forward observers, etc.... That's too much of a production.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Duplicate.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That is next level that I doubt Ill do unless someone takes me out and lets me check some boxes that I dont invest in. Im pretty happy with one mile.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yeah, there’s enough going on at mile to work on with wind calling, who needs to go further? I need to get more consistent at 1250 and 1500 anyway.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast