Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best laser range finder for 1 mile shots

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurp View Post
    I’m not sure if you’re looking to range targets or what but if so theirs a little trick I’ve used to get a significant amount more distance out of my range finders. I buy rolls of that yellow reflective tape and cover a piece of 4’x4’ plywood with it or even put a few pieces on a 5 gallon bucket and leave it at your shooting position. As you go out and set long range targets range back to your shooting position. I’ve ranged out to 2000yds with my Sig 2200MR using this method. It also works well if you put some on your target stands or close by, then you can range from your shooting position. It won’t turn your unit into a Terrapin by any means but it will get you an extra 500-1000yds for a basic range finder.
    GREAT fkn tip. I was going to paint with Glossy white , but this makes so much sense.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you have the money, then Vectronix is the shiznit.

At $1k mark, it's Leica 2800.com. The Sig Kilo is a decent second.

Everything else is just running behind. Check out the specs and beam convergence and it'll become clearer.

The Leica will talk to your Kestrel with Link and run AB.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just to clear up, I own the Sig 2000 , so Im wanting more. Im going to borrow my buddies Vectronics, which of course is very dangerous.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Best laser range finder for 1 mile shots

Talking to my buddy, he doesn’t seem to be too impressed with his vortex bino model. It’s rated for 4K I believe. Not sure it does 2k that well but I’ll try to get him to say more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; 12-01-19 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Talking to my buddy, he doesn’t seem to be too impressed with his vortex bino model. It’s rated for 4K I believe. Not sure it does 2k that well but I’ll try to get him to say more.

Thanks for checking. I'd be pissed to spend $1,100 when $500 unit is better. Or add a bit and get The big daddy

Feedback Score
    Talked to my buddy more. He said the vortex was difficult to see targets at that range and it wouldn’t range non-reflective targets well at a mile.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Talked to my buddy more. He said the vortex was difficult to see targets at that range and it wouldn’t range non-reflective targets well at a mile.

Isllc, your killing me smalls. I wanted that Vortex to be the answer. Fck it I guess Vectronix is the gut wrenching answer. Damn, I hope my bonus is massive. Thanks for checking Hoss. I really appreciate it.

PB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Just to clear up, I own the Sig 2000 , so Im wanting more. Im going to borrow my buddies Vectronics, which of course is very dangerous.

PB
    I have the same unit. Not sure if it is my imagination but it seemed to work better when I first got it.

I like the reflective tape idea. Going to give that a try next mile attempt I make. Last time I shot at that distance I had to range a buddy standing halfway to make it work. Gets it done but not ideal.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its ridiculous that a 4000 yard unit cant hit a mile with ease regardless of conditions. Yea, I ordered reflective tape off Amazon yesterday.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Would your scenario be suited to something like a DJI Mavic Mini? It will fly that distance easily and give you readings on distance and altitude. A more robust drone and you probably mount a wind speed meter on top to measure speeds at various distances along the course as well.

You would be looking somewhere in the $500 range for a drone that is using gps for measurement.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast